engine trouble

Old 11-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default engine trouble

i have a mach .15 engine with about 1 gallon of fuel through it. the problem is that it stalls very often. once i get it up to runing temp it can idle for a whole tank but if i go real fast and then let it idle it will get slower and slower and then it will stall. i have also tried different types of fuel, glow plugs, and messed with the high and low end but it never seems to get beter. please help

thanks in advance
Old 11-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

was it broken in properly? sounds like your piston/sleeve may be shot.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

it was is broken in very carefully my (2nd engine) and the sleve and piston are still in good shape.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a mach .15. Mine does the same thing. It get slower and slower as you go along but mine doesn't stall. When it gets slower I just make the idle higher by adjust the throttle trim on the radio and tigtening the idle screw. That works for me. I thought it was just because I don't use this engine a lot because I use my fantom fr12. Also does that engine seem under powered to you? A lot of people say that but I don't think so.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i could not stand this engine, it didnt stay in "tune" for me. also if it gets too hot it will get a little slower. i think all nitro users should get a temp gun, it helps not to overheat the engine. what fuel are you using? if it will idle then you just need to fine tune it, if you are not sure, see if someone will help you out. later and good luck