Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Bearing Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh, I don't wanna re grease them. I want to open them up and DE grease them. Even when I buy new bearing I always DE-Grease them to get better performance. Downside is it will take away from the life, but as mentioned You can get them so cheap now it's not an issue.

I didn't plan to let my truck sit as long as it did. I got in a wreck and could not walk for a while and I'm just now starting to get back into the RC again after a couple years.

About the blade: Yea, I thought that was the only way, I was not sure if people had used needles or not. Or maybe I could just rip the cloth out and keep that side on the inside of the hubs.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowrance
I don't even bother with cleaning bearings anymore. Factor in the time spent removing the shields and the cost of whatever your using to flush them out....not the mention mess and stink. I find it best to just replace them with new bearings. Their a buck each at Avid RC and the service is top notch. http://www.avidrc.com/
Originally Posted by M2Racing
FREE Bump for Avid.

http://www.avidrc.com/

Top notch service!
+1 For both of these posts. I purchased enough bearings to last my whole racing season last year, funny thing is I made an ENTIRE season of off road with just ONE set of front wheel bearings in my B4. Still have all the spares in the tube! I purchased the rubber sealed bearings for off road. The only maintenance I ever performed was to gently brush the dust off the outside of the bearings. Plain and simple.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JoshM20
Or maybe I could just rip the cloth out and keep that side on the inside of the hubs.
You could do that too. I only run the seals on one side, facing out, of my bearings.

Call me cheap for not using the throw-a-ways, and call me anal for wanting my racers immaculate and perfect, but it seems that every time I pick up someone's car or they give it to me to look at I can't get over the gritty feeling of their bearings. I guess you guys are easier to please.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lightin'
You could do that too. I only run the seals on one side, facing out, of my bearings.

Call me cheap for not using the throw-a-ways, and call me anal for wanting my racers immaculate and perfect, but it seems that every time I pick up someone's car or they give it to me to look at I can't get over the gritty feeling of their bearings. I guess you guys are easier to please.
naw, my way is cheaper, so I'll call you rich your doing all that work to spend more money than me in the long run. You check the bearings every run any sign of a bad bearing, you change it right away. That simple, you always ensure top performance this way.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
naw, my way is cheaper, so I'll call you rich your doing all that work to spend more money than me in the long run. You check the bearings every run any sign of a bad bearing, you change it right away. That simple, you always ensure top performance this way.
Find me a top racer to support that idea, or one that does that silliness while using ceramic bearings, and I'll believe you.

But you won't, so end of story..........................
Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Find me a top racer to support that idea, or one that does that silliness while using ceramic bearings, and I'll believe you.

But you won't, so end of story..........................
There are cheap rubber sealed ceramic bearings, many guys use cheap bearings even top drivers. Esp Bocca bearings and Pro-TeK Bearings. Just ask Adam Drake next time you see him, he uses Losi bearings in his Eight but back when he drove the XXX-T and BK2 he used cheap bearings
Old 04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Suspended

There are cheap rubber sealed ceramic bearings, many guys use cheap bearings even top drivers. Esp Bocca bearings and Pro-TeK Bearings. Just ask Adam Drake next time you see him, he uses Losi bearings in his Eight but back when he drove the XXX-T and BK2 he used cheap bearings
.......and "the SC10 is based off the XXX-T."
Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

.......and "the SC10 is based off the XXX-T."
nope, but the Desert Truck from losi uses the XXX-T's tranny and chassis
Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Suspended

nope, but the Desert Truck from losi uses the XXX-T's tranny and chassis
I know, but it took several of us to convince you of it yesterday.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know, but it took several of us to convince you of it yesterday. lol:
naw, I had just misplaced SC10 as the technical name for the Desert truck, but I have not looked up SCT trucks up enough to notice the difference. You def get the azzhole award

May I ask how this pertains to this thread?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Suspended

naw, I had just misplaced SC10 as the technical name for the Desert truck, but I have not looked up SCT trucks up enough to notice the difference. You def get the azzhole award
Are you even sure about the technical name for anything, there seems to be a lot of confusion on your part about a lot of things. Gee thanks anyway junior
Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Gee thanks junior
your quite welcome, but are we not a bit off topic? You just seem to pick joy into making fun of R/C enthusiast ...
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Suspended

your quite welcome, but are we not a bit off topic? You just seem to pick joy into making fun of R/C enthusiast ...
I think you did that nicely, accusing me of attacking you (which I didn't) and using profanity at me. Good job
Old 04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think you did that nicely, accusing me of attacking you (which I didn't) and using profanity at me. Good job
all you have done is criticize me to the single period "." and you expect me to nawt get mad at you and think your an azzhole? why nawt? Your the one who has not let off on me, laughing at me constantly with every opportunity you have as if you like to make fun of me? We wouldn't be off topic if you wouldn't constantly talk bad about me
going on and on about the irrelevant things rather than the gist of the post. I am a human, not a robot.

If you think im wrong, say I disagree, and then politely state any facts or opinions you may have, we would not be in this situation and you would appear more grownup.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Suspended

As I said yesterday, if you wouldn't be in such a hurry to post something opinionated in EVERY thread you wouldn't stand as great a risk of being wrong and getting called on it. You're not the only guy on the forum that has owned an RC.

And in your hurry you miss simple things like the original poster's statement below ~
Originally Posted by JoshM20
Oh, I don't wanna re grease them. I want to open them up and DE grease them. Even when I buy new bearing I always DE-Grease them to get better performance....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.