Wiki Posts
Search

2WD Buggy or SC10?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2WD Buggy or SC10?

I'm thinking about selling my B4 FT and getting an SC10. I also have a B44 which I love, so I won't be ditching buggy completely.

What do you guys think? Is driving a Slash (I'm assuming the SC10 will the same) more fun than 2wd buggy? Or fun enough to make the trade but still run 4wd buggy?

Craig
Old 04-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Craig, I've never raced a Slash, but have driven one on several occasions and I'm planning to get one. There differences are quite apparent in that a buggy is faster, more responsive, and more difficult to drive. Slashes, kept stock and as must tracks run them, aren't nearly as punchy, responsive and require a different type of driving. The biggest difference is why I'm planning to get one; they are always the biggest electric class wherever you race. I've hit a lot of tracks this season and Slashes are always present in very high numbers. To me, what makes racing RC cars so fun is the competitive enviroment. It's not nearly as fun to race against 5 or 6 buggies as it is to mix it up with two or three heats of Slash racers. It looks like the Slash clash is here to stay and it looks really fun. You should get one...
Old 04-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigV
I'm thinking about selling my B4 FT and getting an SC10. I also have a B44 which I love, so I won't be ditching buggy completely.

What do you guys think? Is driving a Slash (I'm assuming the SC10 will the same) more fun than 2wd buggy? Or fun enough to make the trade but still run 4wd buggy?

Craig
the sc10 will be what you want if you are used to buggy racing. The slash is just a "fun truck". It is more fun bashing a slash than a buggy but not racing. If your into both racing and bashing get a slash. Just racing get an SC10.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

run the sc10, run it like the wind!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How about 2WD buggy and an SC10. That will be the best of both worlds. 2whl mod is the best class ever to drive. If you can drive that fast learning anything else will be easy.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Suspended

Craig
I'm guessing you race since you have a B44 but to me any vehicle purchase would depend on if there is a class at your track for what you are thinking about getting. Most places the Short Course Truck class has or is catching on and growing and I will say that trucks are more forgiving to drive than 2wd buggies, but whether one or the other is "fun" is up to the individual.

I have an SC10 on the way, but that's me.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Where I race now the biggest class is 2wd open. The last big race had 5 heats of 2wd open, and two for Slash open.

I started with 2WD but I enjoy 4WD more. I usally end up near the bottom of E main (out of A, B, C, D, and E) in 2wd open (running a 17.5 though) and the top of the C main (out of A, B, C, D) in 4wd open. So, to say the least, I am not a very good driver.

I do not bash the B4 or B44, but if I got an SC10 I would probably use it outside once in a while when my body comes over with his RC10GT2 nitro truck.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Where I race now the biggest class is 2wd open. The last big race had 5 heats of 2wd open, and two for Slash open.

I started with 2WD but I enjoy 4WD more. I usally end up near the bottom of E main (out of A, B, C, D, and E) in 2wd open (running a 17.5 though) and the top of the C main (out of A, B, C, D) in 4wd open. So, to say the least, I am not a very good driver.

I do not bash the B4 or B44, but if I got an SC10 I would probably use it outside once in a while when my body comes over with his RC10GT2 nitro truck.
Will your track run the SC10 with the Slashes? It looks like it from the description of "Slash open". I'd say order a SC10 and transfer the buggy electronics over to that.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, they will allow the SC10 in the Slash Open class, which I assume they will rename to CORR Open or something similar. We also run a spec slash class but it's almost dead.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll get my LHS to order an SC10 in for me.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Will your track run the SC10 with the Slashes? It looks like it from the description of "Slash open". I'd say order a SC10 and transfer the buggy electronics over to that.
I'd keep your buggy and just get a SC10 on the side. Put a 4600KV Losi or Castle Creations motor and ESC, I prefer Castle for fine tuning adjustments.
It may be a good idea to change the shocks on it. It appears to have the same chassis as the XXX-CR, maybe a little shorter. It will be fun once you get it setup for your liking. I totally despise Traxxxas, everything they make is cheaply made and total crap The slash is kinda fun, but the SC10 can accomplish the same level of fun while getting faster lap times. But I drive at least 50 hours a week so I kinda learn to perfect my lap times a tad bit to much

On top of that the SC10 has working lights
Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
I'd keep your buggy and just get a SC10 on the side. Put a 4600KV Losi or Castle Creations motor and ESC, I prefer Castle for fine tuning adjustments.
It may be a good idea to change the shocks on it. It appears to have the same chassis as the XXX-CR, maybe a little shorter. It will be fun once you get it setup for your liking. I totally despise Traxxxas, everything they make is cheaply made and total crap The slash is kinda fun, but the SC10 can accomplish the same level of fun while getting faster lap times. But I drive at least 50 hours a week so I kinda learn to perfect my lap times a tad bit to much

On top of that the SC10 has working lights
As far as brushless systems go the one he has is fine and it is sensored so it is a lot smoother than any amount of fine-tuning you can do to a Mamba, and it is also within the guidlines for the 2009 Roar Rules for the SCT class.
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...lass_Rules.pdf

Where did you see "working lights" on the SC10??
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default .

Last edited by Tim3; 03-29-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tim3
YA! just give all your hard earned dollars to AE. Thay are sooo much faster and better than a slash. NOT ! Go ahead and spend much more of your money than just getting a good SLASH. GO AHEAD - and i will be close to you for a hole lot less. YOUR CALL.
....... or get a slash that comes with a throw-a-way radio system and less than desirable RTR electronics, or buy an SC10 and be better off in the long run. EASY CALL !!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lightin'
....... or get a slash that comes with a throw-a-way radio system and less than desirable RTR electronics, or buy an SC10 and be better off in the long run. EASY CALL !!
Hey....you can get 20$ for that Transmitter & receiver!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is driving a Slash (I'm assuming the SC10 will the same) more fun than 2wd buggy? Or fun enough to make the trade but still run 4wd buggy?
2WD buggy is more fun, IMO. Slash was fun at first, but I'm quickly over it. They drive horrible in comparison and while are fun, it's real nice going back to something "that drives right."

You need both...I don't think I'd bother racing if I only owned a Slash or SC10.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.