Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 racing at OCRCraceway video

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default SC10 racing at OCRCraceway video

A HD video of CORR racing at OCRCraceway, with 2 SC10, is now on youtube.
Just search for "SC10RACE". Must be spelled exactly as shown.

I ran out of battery at 3:50, sorry about that. But the video is clear and the racing was awesome. There are 2 SC10s and one SC8. The battle for the lead was very closely fought. Check it out and then get one.

Last edited by Vman11; 03-31-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the link brah!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great!

Thanks for the share !
Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Here is the link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAOhl3nc7wU
Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Suspended

Nice video, but how do you run out of battery at 3:50? Forget to peak charge it?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Which one is the sc8?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Nice Vid...

were they all Slashes and only one maybe two SC10s it's hard to tell.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maxxican
Nice Vid...

were they all Slashes and only one maybe two SC10s it's hard to tell.
2 SC10's and 1 SC8
Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dravengary
Which one is the sc8?
Bigger, black one, out front, maybe?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lightin'
Bigger, black one, out front, maybe?
Yeah after watching it again I noticed the black one being a little bigger and making the triple jump
Old 03-31-2009, 01:09 PM
MDB
Suspended

Cool vid
Old 03-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dravengary
Which one is the sc8?
I would like to know that as well....If I was guessing I would say the black one that was in front most of the race or the white one that was in second.

I would also like to know the type of race it was. It looked a little like a run what ya brung type race....I saw a regular race truck (like a T4) out there as well.

My questions are:

Which one was the SC10
How was it powered
How was the rest of the field powered
What was the tires used
Who was driving the SC10 and how does he stack up against the others

That black truck would get one heck of a launch out of that hole just about every time, better then the "race" truck. That said I have seen a 3s lipo slash with a stock motor and it was something else to watch....different truck all the way around.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cherokee
I would like to know that as well....If I was guessing I would say the black one that was in front most of the race or the white one that was in second.

I would also like to know the type of race it was. It looked a little like a run what ya brung type race....I saw a regular race truck (like a T4) out there as well.

My questions are:

Which one was the SC10
How was it powered
How was the rest of the field powered
What was the tires used
Who was driving the SC10 and how does he stack up against the others

That black truck would get one heck of a launch out of that hole just about every time, better then the "race" truck. That said I have seen a 3s lipo slash with a stock motor and it was something else to watch....different truck all the way around.
The Black truck that leads most of the race is the SC8. The White & Black truck that nips at it's tail is the SC10. If you watch closely, you will see that it actually took over/passed the SC8 at about 3 minutes or so. The SC8 had alot of traction and power, it took the double out of the hole most of the time. The SC10 landed on the back side of the jump and sling over the next jump with precision touch. There is another SC10 that is white in there but he got caught up in traffic.
This is the "OPEN" CORR class. As long as it looks like a CORR truck, any motor, any tire, 4WD, and even a 1/12 scale Jamin truggy is allowed. There were also a few fast Slashes in there, but they are running against top notch drivers from Associated. I know that Kurt Wenger was driving one of the SC10.

This is how I see it will be at OCRC with Slash & SC10 evolving. If you want to stay with your Slash, you can, but you will be up against SC10s, in the open class. The Spec Slash class will remains for sure.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Very cool vid! They all looked to be very close in the handling department. Had the SC8 not been there and not 2 hot shoes driving those SC10's it would have been a real battle royale.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you very much for the run down. That is more or less how I was thinking everything was. It would be great to see that action in person.

IMHO with the info provided I was suprised not to see the 4wd truck drive away, I would have been thinking that the extra two wheels working for you would have been more of an advantage...expecially with a factory driver behind the wheel. Same goes with the SC10 I would have thought that it would have pulled a greater lead with a factory hot shoe over a bunch of hobbiests with souped up slashes.

This by all means is not ment to knock anyone or anything...in fact the exact reverse of that. That AE built a car that is on par with what the performance level of the class is, thats just the way it should be.

I have said all along that a Gold Tub RC10 can with the right setup still run with modern buggies, this is because the buggy config is set and everyone that makes one builds to that spec...there is only so much you can do....Same with this new CORR class. Roar had speced out track, wheel base, tires.....so all should be pretty close. The day one car runs away from everything is the day when we will see the decline of the class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.