Best website to order from

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

when you buy from your LHS they are a lot more inclined to help you out with problems you have. My LHS that i work at gives you a free month of practice on the track if you buy a car their. If the buyer is hesitant on getting a car from the shop once we bring up how they get free practice it usually sells them right away.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboard094
when you buy from your LHS they are a lot more inclined to help you out with problems you have. My LHS that i work at gives you a free month of practice on the track if you buy a car their. If the buyer is hesitant on getting a car from the shop once we bring up how they get free practice it usually sells them right away.

That really is a great bonus to buying there. Trust me I am a "Support Your LHS, Since They Support You" believer. But my only LHS is an "Airplane" store that charges full retail & I have to wait until they have enough items to warrant placing an order, usually 1-2 weeks. As much as I buy into what you are saying Snowboard, I don't like to wait for several days & have to pay a good amount more to buy everything through them at full retail. (they aren't interested in getting business from selling cars, so they have no need to lower their price)

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from here. Trust me I would support them if I could.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RShafer
That really is a great bonus to buying there. Trust me I am a "Support Your LHS, Since They Support You" believer. But my only LHS is an "Airplane" store that charges full retail & I have to wait until they have enough items to warrant placing an order, usually 1-2 weeks. As much as I buy into what you are saying Snowboard, I don't like to wait for several days & have to pay a good amount more to buy everything through them at full retail. (they aren't interested in getting business from selling cars, so they have no need to lower their price)

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from here. Trust me I would support them if I could.

Aww thats to bad. Well have you really looked around your area for hobby shops? You might be surprised at how many small rc shops their are.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah I have looked. The only other hobby type shop deals with trains & fish. Trains move too slow for me & I didn't fare so well with my last venture in keeping fish !!

The closest hobby store that fits my needs is about 2 hours away (one-way) I would rather wait 2-3 days for my order !!

Thank you for trying though man, much appreciated,
Rusty

Last edited by RShafer; 03-30-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to thank Snowboard
Old 03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Prophet

i would say stomerhobbies and amainhobbies gshobby has some pretty dam good prices also ,but i have to say stomerhobbies gets your thing in mail and delived much quicker then them guys,but if u have a lhs support it man my just closed it sucks,yea i know somethings they dont have what u want but just order from them
Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Been some complaints about poor service from Ultimate on RCCA, guys getting slow service - orders not shipping for several days, web store stock not being accurate, things like that. Even the local people that buy there have been saying things have changed.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yea i ended up buying from my LHS i settled on the hpi savage flux
Old 03-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just placed an order on Stormer for an aluminum Slash frame (plastic snaps too easy in the cold here), 2-day shipping.

Now I have placed orders from Stormer A-Main,and Tower, currently Tower is fastest, followed closely by A-Main. Soon as my Stormer stuff comes in, I can tell you guys how well they compare.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howtowakeakar
Just placed an order on Stormer for an aluminum Slash frame (plastic snaps too easy in the cold here), 2-day shipping.

Now I have placed orders from Stormer A-Main,and Tower, currently Tower is fastest, followed closely by A-Main. Soon as my Stormer stuff comes in, I can tell you guys how well they compare.
Shipping all has to do with the time of the day your order is processed and picked up, what you pay for shipping and the location of the actual site to your house.

I have ordered from all three and for me tower is the fastest. Usually I will price tower and amain, get the total with shipping and buy from the cheapest.

Funny what I have noticed is towers prices on certain items that I buy are slightly more expensive, yet the shipping for the exact same items on amain is more expensive. So the out the door total, for me, is usually cheaper from tower.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ordered around the same time, but A-Main ships from California, Tower from Illinois. I live in Connecticut.
A-Main is cheaper and has a larger selection of batteries and miscellaneous items that Tower either doesn't carry or they are back-ordered.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Bob.

R
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Not tower.

I ordered my last order from them on a monday and it took over a week to get to me. I found this to be totally inexcusable because they are in Nevada and I am in Arizona.

I will never order from them again.
Tower has and always be my favorite hobby shop, but I agree with you 100% on this. The last two times I ordered from them, they've gone cheap and didn't ship the items UPS. They have this el-cheapo shipping plan where UPS takes majority of the trip, then hands your package to the local US Postal Service where it sits for a while.

My gripe is really with the US Postal Service (they are probably the worst shippers ever created) but the choice of using that crappy cheap service was on Tower.

Tower used to use UPS 100% on their ground delivery but they've gone really cheap. Strange is, I've received my stuff from their NV facility a week ago but there is a partial shipment coming from IL (jacking up the shipping cost to twice because of this). I've yet to receive my parts from the IL facility because it's been sitting at the USPS for days now.

Another thing that Tower has gone cheap with is the box that the shipments comes in. The one from their NV came in a nice cardboard box that seemed like it was new, but my last order, which purely came from IL facility, came from a second (or perhaps third) hand Ortega spaghetti sauce box. I mean seriously, it's bad enough they're charging me for standard shipping but to use a second hand box seems really really ghetto.

I hope Tower gets their act together soon, that place is the largest super store and their prices are unbeatable after you apply your promotion code. Would hate to try to even avoid using them because it's my favorite place to shop.

I always try LHS at first, but with sales taxes and also high prices (not to mention the 20 mile drive) and unavailability of many of the parts I seek, it's hard for me to justify going there.

There is a closer one nearby my work, but half their workers are pure a-holes. Their prices are great but they make you feel like crap going in there. There's one guy there that repairs cars (that shall remain nameless) is just a pure a-hole from anusville. Which LHS am I referring to? Well don't want to name names but the name rhymes with "Schmultimate Lobbies"
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My LHS is more for the basher, not the racer. The closest racer LHS is about an hour away. So, I order some and get the rest when I'm there racing. With gas prices compared to shipping it's pretty much a wash, plus I don't lose 2 to 3 hrs of my day. With that said, I use Stormer a lot. They have the lowest or equal prices, plus they use USPS Priority Mail. So, you can get part on Saturday, unlike those other guys. I get my stuff from them in 2 days unless I order late in the day, then it's 3 days. Most orders go out in a few hours according to the nice confrimation email they send out when it ships.