Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8T electric recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 8T electric recommendations

I have just decided to go brushless with my RTR 1.0 8T. I have bought the Losi conversion kit and MMM 2200 combo for it. I am going to use the plastic 45 tooth spur and start with a 14 tooth pinion. I am now looking into which batteries to use 4S or 5S and which brand. I am going to run on outdoor dirt tracks and don't race(due to driver abilities). The only lipos that I have seen in action are Maxamps 6000 saddle for my B44 and a Zippy 5S 4000 that my friend runs in his 8 2.0. I was looking at the SMC 4S 5000 40C after reading some of the forums. Is 4S sufficient? I have heard that Zippys are not the best thing for ESCs in earlier posts, but like the Maxamps, most name brands are a good chunk of change. I would like something with 25-30 minute run times and of course plenty of power(who doesn't like power). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Come on guys, no suggestions! I have just finished reading the whole 8ight E thread and now I am going to start reading the 1/8th conversion thread.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm new to the conversions and didn't get answers with some of my q's so I'll give some imput. IMO with 4s and 2200kv you probally not get 25-30 min looking more like 15-20 max. I have the same setup you do but mother nature keeps me from gettin any hard times or temps. At this time for price and mah and c rating the SMC are the best bang for buck. If nothing else that should get guys posting on here. Have fun
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

i just got the same combo in my 8T with zippy-R 4800 4s its more then enough power! I thought the same until I got to put it on the track for the first time last night.. I've been more then happy with my set up I'm now on the move to build a buggy.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Get a roller chassis on Ebay, the Losi conversion kit is keyed to some of the milled parts of the chassis.

I run 4S, 5000mah Zippy packs and the MMM, 2200 on my 8T is a beast, faster then nitro easily it can reach 60mph onroad and geared for dirt tracks can really tear up jumps. Runtime is an issue, if you need to do 20min mains. 4S is good for at least 15min pushing 20min would be hard to do. 5S 5000 would probably be a better match for the Truggy. I got my packs to work in both my buggy and truggy so I made the compromise.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for the replies. I am now leaning towards 5S and going with NeuEnergy packs. Still undecided though. I actually am going to have the convenience of testing it with my buddies 5S 5000 20C Zippy and his just ordered 4S 5000 33C NeuEnergy pack. I will keep you guys posted on how that goes, probably a week though. Thanks again guys, I appreciate the advice because I don't want to buy an insufficient battery. Please keep posting advice though.