Originally Posted by 801Funk801
I just don't understand why someone don't have something like this? And why traxxas would do a 1/16th when the original slash has done so well. Bogles my mind
Not hard to figure out if you think about it.
1) 4wd electrics never have sold very well, and cost more.
2) 4wds are usually more complex, built more for the race crowd and Traxxas isn't a race company (according to them)
3) the Slash's sales have probably been a surpise and mainly used parts already in inventory from a pre-existing truck.
4) Traxxas had yet to produce anything for the mini-market, so their 1/16th entries fullfilled an empty spot in the stable
5) it takes at least a year or more for a "new" truck to go from conception, to the drawing board, to production, to store shelves - and the mini Revo/Slash was already in the works
1/10th sales have stagnated for quite some time, while 1/16th and 1/18th minis have been growing in sales over the last 2 or 3 years.
7) Every few years the next hot thing comes along, and just as often that hot ticket this year is dead as a doornail two years later. Someone might choose to put the expense into producing something, but may wait to see if the Short Course Truck Class sizzle fizzles.