Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 Xcelorin ESC users ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Sylvéris

Default 1/8 Xcelorin ESC users ?

Hi, if you have a Xcelorin 1/8 ESC with the latest firmware, can you tell me if my ESC has a problem or not ? Is the LVC of the ESC stopping the motor alim when LVC is reached ? Because I have just a led blinking and I can run again after this alert ( then damage my Lipos ! ). Is there an error with the latest firmware ? Or is it the "normal" behaviour ?
Thanks.

RC8 E-converted
Neu 1515/1.5D/F
2x2S Reedy Lipo 5000mah #709
Xcelorin ESC

Old 03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the LVC will cut out the motor when the preset voltage is reached. I never tried to run my car again after the one time I hit the LVC, I just put my pack on charge. I'm not sure but I guess if you waited a second or two and tried to run your car after you hit the LVC, it might run for a second or two before the voltage drops low enough for it to cut out again. I wouldn't want to keep doing that though, you'd risk damaging your lipo's
Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Sylvéris

Ok thanks, I have never seen the ESC cut out the motor alim and I know why now :

After many researchs, I have found the problem !!! It's with the Losi Software. If you want to Export a profile with a custom LVC, when you will Import this profile, the LVC you set will be erase and reset to the standard lvc for 4s : 12V !!!! And it's the same thing for the BEC voltage ! THE 2 VALUES ARE BLANK !!!

Last edited by Sylvéris; 03-25-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Xcelorin LVC will cut the power to the motor for 3 to 5 seconds when LVC is reached. Then if the battery recovers you can slowly drive you vehicle to a safe place on the track and stop.

The behavior can change with some lipo batteries on the market. If you have seen a cell drop to 2.98 your 0.02 under reccomended. I would suggested you slightly increase the LVC cut-off voltage. For 4S it would normally be 12.0V but you could easily increase it to 12.4V or more.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Sylvéris

Hi,
Can you explain me a problem with the 1/8 Xcelorin ESC ?
When the LVC is reached, we can see the red light flashing.
During a run, I have seen the car ran slowly after only 10 mn, then I had a look at my Xcelorin and see the red led blinking, like if the LVC was reached. Since this moment, I can't do anything : The red led is flashing and I can't run ( just 10 seconds !). I have tested my 2 Reedy 2S and there are both 70 % at 14.8 V! My LVC is set up for 4S at 12,8 V. Why the red led is blinking again ? ( Firmware is re-installed and re-calibrated ; same thing )
Thanks