Wiki Posts
Search

Finished my SC8ight powerd by Nvak 6.5HV

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Finished my SC8ight powerd by Nvak 6.5HV

I bought the 6.5 system from a member of this forum, pretty cheap, and didn't know what I was going to use it on. I had an 8ight B that I built but buggies arent my thing so it was just hanging on my garage wall. So I orderd all the parts, like others have, to make it in to a SC8ight. All of the 8ight T parts came from Ebay. I got the rest from amain. Still need the body, wheels/tires, and to install the rear bumper. Running on Bowties right now just to test it out with the body off of my SC8. It wont see the track till its done, hopefully in a few weeks. Just bought a house so that is keeping my busey.

The Novak 6.5
I was worried after I bought the system as I started to read about a bunch of people burning them up. I Set it up using the "one touch" button and hit the grass with it. I was amazed to say the elast. On 3S this thig flys!!! I have a plastic skate ramp that it eats up like no one business.. its predictable in the air and easy to correct in the air. NO COGGING AT ALL!! I love these sensord motors. My first was a 4.5 GTB and never had any issues with it.

batteries
I'm runnig it on 3S right now which is plenty of power and has more than enough speed. I bought a 13T pinion with the conversion as i didnt want to over heat the motor. With the 13T pinion it barely got worm. I swapped out to the 15T pinion and that barely brought the temps up, under 100*, while providing barely manageable speeds. I also ran a 7.4v Reedy 2S lipo through it and the motor was cool to the touch. it wasnt as fun as the 3s but still fun none the less

Thanks for looking!
Rafael
Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Looks good! A 3S with the Novak 6.5 is a good combo. This is what we at AE suggest for indoor or smaller tracks. For non-raincg, you will get plenty of run time and good throttle feel. There is nothing like a sensored system for "feel".

The 2S could be a little slow but if it is working for you, awesome!