Wiki Posts
Search

RC8E, need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RC8E, need some advice

I'm about to make my final order to get my RC8E rolling.

I would like to know before completing my order if i need any tool/spare extra you would recomand me

I'm ordering a Neu 1512 2.5

Two 4S lipo and maybe a 6S( NOt all at the same time two 4 S or a single 6S)
I'm not sure yet on what to get. Zippy neu maxamps etc.

Thunder Power 1-6Cell LiPo 10A DC Charger

Dynamite 12 Volt 10-Amp Power Supply( Is it a good Power supply?) I got a brand new PC power Supply that i may be able to convert into a power supply unit if i got my friend to do it for me. Would be ok?

I'm running on a 46 Kyosho plastic Spur.

13 and 14 pinion as a start is ok? Or should i get one lower and highter

Spare

I got a few King head upgrade already. All the one poeple mostly recommand. What else should i get beside that? What broke most of the time

safety

My most important concern here.

I know there is some failsafe build in the esc in case he ran out of range etc. Is there any other fail safe i should get that work well( Fuse etc ??). It's a expensive car and i would like to keep it running for a while
Old 03-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am running almost all the same components,except for the King Heads stuff.I am running the zippy packs.4s is fine.Start with a 14-16 depending on the track.I would suggest getting all the plastics in the front and rear uprights if you have not opted for the KH rear uprights.Car handles well and actually cant wait for the updates from associated to come out.Good luck!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racenut123
I would suggest getting all the plastics in the front and rear uprights if you have not opted for the KH rear uprights.
Sorry but what are they? arms and stuff?

Still new to Rc 1/8 and i m not english born so i miss some stuff sometime
Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Arms,uprights c hubs and wing mount.Quite inexpensive.
Originally Posted by mondenet
Sorry but what are they? arms and stuff?

Still new to Rc 1/8 and i m not english born so i miss some stuff sometime
Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

few things need to know:

1. Is this for racing or bashing?
2. If racing, do you require a hardcase around the lipo pack?
3. What ESC are you planning to use?
4. Do you want 1 4S pack or two 2S lipo packs
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
few things need to know:

1. Is this for racing or bashing?
2. If racing, do you require a hardcase around the lipo pack?
3. What ESC are you planning to use?
4. Do you want 1 4S pack or two 2S lipo packs
I got a mmv2 already( about to get v3 ase from Castle )

I'll bash with it but it's mainly for racing and all bashing will be done on a racing track.

here is a quick video showing the track(20 min away from home )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLmyq...eature=related

I'm looking for a 4S pack( Hard case would be nice but need to fit in RCPD Kit battery Tray)

Castle-Neu 2200kv/2650kv or Neu 1512 2.5D. ALso considering a Medusa 70 MM or 80 MM 2000Kv

If we dont look at the price. DOes pure neu have a lot better quality then castle neu.

Also need good input on fail safe you can add on those car to keep the motor in good shape esc etc temp wise.

Last edited by mondenet; 03-20-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Legend

For a failsafe, not sure, you may need to look at one of the sensored designs I am thinking for checking that, or, a radio that has telemetry and sensors so you can monitor temp (like the Nomadios can).

As for motor, the 2200Kv Castle motor works really well. Has A LOT of power in truggy. If you can afford it though, i prefer my 2.5D in buggy though. Get the front motor cover that RC Monster sells and that should keep out most of the dirt.

for 4S lipos softcase, I really like the performance I get from the PQ6000XP 4S battery pack that RClipos sells. It is a long style pack, and with alittle weather stripping fits nice and snug in the RC Product designs tray and the RC Monster tray.

For gearing with 4S and the Neu 1512 2.5D, on a 200ft straight I was going with about a 19T or 20T pinion in the RC8. One nice thing about the Neu 1512 2.5D is you can do 5S setup if you want. I think you go down about 3 - 4 pinion teeth for similar performance.

the Neu will have better quality than the castle Neu, but, not a whole lot as far as cost difference worth. Did see the Neu 1512 2.5D on sale one time for like $160. I would get it then.

The 60mm medusa I really liked in buggy as well. I think the 70mm one should work out well, but, then costs are similar to the castle neu 2200Kv which I have seen online for like $140.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
For a failsafe, not sure, you may need to look at one of the sensored designs I am thinking for checking that, or, a radio that has telemetry and sensors so you can monitor temp (like the Nomadios can).

As for motor, the 2200Kv Castle motor works really well. Has A LOT of power in truggy. If you can afford it though, i prefer my 2.5D in buggy though. Get the front motor cover that RC Monster sells and that should keep out most of the dirt.

for 4S lipos softcase, I really like the performance I get from the PQ6000XP 4S battery pack that RClipos sells. It is a long style pack, and with alittle weather stripping fits nice and snug in the RC Product designs tray and the RC Monster tray.

For gearing with 4S and the Neu 1512 2.5D, on a 200ft straight I was going with about a 19T or 20T pinion in the RC8. One nice thing about the Neu 1512 2.5D is you can do 5S setup if you want. I think you go down about 3 - 4 pinion teeth for similar performance.

the Neu will have better quality than the castle Neu, but, not a whole lot as far as cost difference worth. Did see the Neu 1512 2.5D on sale one time for like $160. I would get it then.

The 60mm medusa I really liked in buggy as well. I think the 70mm one should work out well, but, then costs are similar to the castle neu 2200Kv which I have seen online for like $140.
I'll go for this one here. What d oyou think?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...12-2-5d-s.html
Old 03-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Legend

it will probably run alittle hotter than the finned version, but, its a Neu, so they pretty resilient. Not like you can't add a heatsink to it either.