Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas rustler VXL-New member- advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas rustler VXL-New member- advice needed

Hey I am new to the forum and its been a while since being in the R/C world. I recentley just bought a Traxxas Rustler VXL for my 9yr old daughter as she has been begging me for since I had my first one a few years ago. I know the first thing people are going to think is I am crazy. She is actually handles it very well. Its completely stock outside of a venom 3S 5000mMAH lipo & 31/76gears. I am very impressed with how fast it is and how well its built and handles. without going over board with a ton of hop ups, what are the so called must have parts for these and what are a few we can start out with to make it handle a little better & tighten up the steering, every time we just turn the steering at intermediate speeds it rolls over. not to go over board with my first thread, but as far as motors, what would be a good step up compared to the stock vxl. I had a mamba max 5700 that was awsome, are they a bit more powerfull everything else all being equal(gearing,battery, etc.). I am very excited to be a part of the forum and look forward to sharing ideas with everyone and will be more than glad to help out with any ideas or worthy advice i have.