Wiki Posts
Search

MMM

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default MMM

I order a MMM few month ago to go with my Rc8-E project.

I'm working on it again and i opened up my MMM box.

It was suppose to be a V2 when i order it on internet. My problem is where do i connect the cable to update the Esc. I opened up the case and there is No where i could connect it to my PC....Is it a v1 or some older stuff i just got?

I got everything you see ins this picture.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...mmm-mmm-v2.jpg

Sorry if i'm a noob bit i really dont see tehre i could plug this 3 fork thinghy
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
BSS
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mondenet
I order a MMM few month ago to go with my Rc8-E project.

I'm working on it again and i opened up my MMM box.

It was suppose to be a V2 when i order it on internet. My problem is where do i connect the cable to update the Esc. I opened up the case and there is No where i could connect it to my PC....Is it a v1 or some older stuff i just got?

I got everything you see ins this picture.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...mmm-mmm-v2.jpg

Sorry if i'm a noob bit i really dont see tehre i could plug this 3 fork thinghy
plug the usb cord into that little chip looking thing, then connect that to where the plug goes into the reciever from the MMM. but make sure your connecting it right
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You plug the balck wire into the USB port on the computer, the Link(chip with 3 prongs) plugs into the black wire and the ESC wire that comes from the ESC that you usually plug into the receiver...
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
BSS
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
You plug the balck wire into the USB port on the computer, the Link(chip with 3 prongs) plugs into the black wire and the ESC wire that comes from the ESC that you usually plug into the receiver...
beet ya to it
Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Ahhhh i was confuse . I never used a Esc taht you can plug into pc and i saw a mamba max pro pic and got consued . Thx
Old 03-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSS
beet ya to it
By a C-hair
Originally Posted by mondenet
Ahhhh i was confuse . I never used a Esc taht you can plug into pc and i saw a mamba max pro pic and got consued . Thx
Im not sure where you can get the Y-harness but if you plan on tuning a ton, it will allow you to without constantly unplugging and plugging the wire from the receiver...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

By a C-hair

Im not sure where you can get the Y-harness but if you plan on tuning a ton, it will allow you to without constantly unplugging and plugging the wire from the receiver...
I could make one with a olds Esc part. good idea
Old 03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I guess you're getting ready to update your V2 MMM with the latest firmware and thats def needed. There were some case issues with the V2 about rubbing PCB on the inside of the case. The V3 case was modified to correct this. You can get a V3 case via Castle.

I sent a NIB V2 back to have it replaced with a V3, but I had a MMM Combo on hand to use while I wait for it to come back. The Combo supplies the lead for the link so its ready to just plug in and program.

Not sure I could have waited if I didn't have another to use.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Does programming make a big difference. Mine runs really well right out of the box. Im running NimH at the moment. when I go Lipo i will definitely set the min batt power shut off.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If its fine the way it is. I'd just leave it. I had to adjust my MMM because my buggy was doing wheelies everytime I punched the throttle. It would also lock up my brakes as soon as I tapped the brakes. So I turned down brakes to 30%, punch control from 0% to 20%. Also adjusted the throttle curve to make it easier to drive on looser stuff.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Does using the brakes use power? i.e. drag brake?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thopper
Does using the brakes use power? i.e. drag brake?
The brakes are regenerative and actually put a small amount of charge back into your batteries. They do not consume power. The MMM is a great piece of equipment and I suspect you'll be very happy with it.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richard.bratton
The brakes are regenerative and actually put a small amount of charge back into your batteries. They do not consume power. The MMM is a great piece of equipment and I suspect you'll be very happy with it.
I posted this in the 1/8 E conversion thread this past week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzac2
Can you show me these posts? I have kept a close eye out at RC Monster for these manufacturers to come out with their stance on this issue. I must have missed their posts where they confirmed this.

I called Tech at CC today on this subject because of the thread and my own questions and this is what I was told in a nutshell....On brake the motor does create a certain amout of energy back into the system WHICH is basically being used to do the braking. If there isnt enough energy being created by the braking to energize the esc braking then the extra amount is then pulled from the pack.

So I guess it does generate power and in certain situations (hard braking) it also consumes from the pack.