Wiki Posts
Search

Saddle LiPO weight placement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Saddle LiPO weight placement?

I'm doing EP on-road for a few years and I know the weight placement effect handeling in big time, and now I plan to start EP off-road.

I'm looking at the current saddle pack car design, it seems to me they are all design around NiMH pack to get a front-rear balance. So wasn't pusing a saddle LiPo will make the car nose-heavy if no balance weight added? Do saddle LiPO need a huge setting change from usual NiMH setting? Or the nature of off-road just make the weight placement less effected compare with on-road?

I guess this thread might lead to a saddle/no-saddle argument, but I just wanna know do the weight placement a problem for saddle LiPO car?
Old 03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

put all 4 tires on 4 differnt scales and add the weight where its needed to make it balanced. then dive it and see how it feels. then adjust as needed. oh yea dont forget to have the the electronics and battery in it. have to add that in some people dont grasp things that well. dont want some newb to look at this and do it with out them in.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I like the car better without adding weight to it. Usually the cars are heavy as it is and I feel the rear will rotate better in the turns. The car might nose alittle but you can use the throttle and level it out but I have never had any issue with it jumping nose down that much.B44

I would run it both ways and see what you like better. Really depend on the track too.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

So the front/rear balance doesnt effect the jump? Or the nose heavy will give nose drop, while rear heavy give nature of rear drop in air?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ttso
So the front/rear balance doesnt effect the jump? Or the nose heavy will give nose drop, while rear heavy give nature of rear drop in air?
It does, but you can correct it in the air with throttle. I would suggest you balance 50/50 as well as you can, and go from there. Not enough steering?... add nose weight, and vice versa.