The 2009 Short-Course Nationals Sponsored by Team Associated & RC Driver

Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
Slash pic a many, SC8 pics were great, Blitzed the Blitz, SC10 not so much?
1) Slash was the most popular class with almost 50 entrants, which is why that is what I focused on

2) The SC8's were simply impressive to watch

3) The Blitz was new so I wanted to get as many pics as I could (Erik Shauver will also be appearing on the R/Cast Podcast this week)

4) SC10 was the smallest attended class next to the Mini-Slashes and I don't think I have any stills of those (But I do have video that I need to edit and get posted yet)
Old 07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
1) Slash was the most popular class with almost 50 entrants, which is why that is what I focused on

2) The SC8's were simply impressive to watch

3) The Blitz was new so I wanted to get as many pics as I could (Erik Shauver will also be appearing on the R/Cast Podcast this week)

4) SC10 was the smallest attended class next to the Mini-Slashes and I don't think I have any stills of those (But I do have video that I need to edit and get posted yet)
Still would have liked to have seen more SC10 coverage. It is the premeir SC truck available at this time.

Slash doesn't impress me much(own and drive one regularly), SC8 is cool but not very big (yet?), the Blitz is very cool, but the SC10 is what I want to see! The SC10 is the National Champion, the SC10 won this event (by a good margin).

Just seems to me the SC10 didn't get it due.

Looking forward to the videos, then we'll get to see the SC10.........out front and winning.

Once again, thanks for the coverage. Just wish the coverage was a little more balanced.

Best pic of the bunch.
Attached Thumbnails The 2009 Short-Course Nationals Sponsored by Team Associated & RC Driver-5500_1082385270799_1561365406_30222083_599229_n.jpg  

Last edited by Crawler; 07-27-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Still would have liked to have seen more SC10 coverage. It is the premeir SC truck available at this time.
That's opinion as to what defines premier. Some would claim that, being the most popular the Slash is the premier. Some would claim that the Strike is the best equipped with aluminum shocks and DSM radio system so that would be the premier truck. Some would claim the Blitz being the newest truck with the most buzz around it at the event was the premier truck.

Slash doesn't impress me much
As the most popular class at the event you would be in the minority

the SC10 won this event (by a good margin).
Jesse Robbers was right there behind Scott Brown, so it was actually very close.

Just seems to me the SC10 didn't get it due.

Looking forward to the videos, then we'll get to see the SC10.........out front and winning.

Once again, thanks for the coverage. Just wish the coverage was a little more balanced.
Our coverage isn't finished so I wouldn't judge it completely yet. It's also difficult to get photos of a class when you're marshaling that heat.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

That's opinion as to what defines premier. Some would claim that, being the most popular the Slash is the premier. Some would claim that the Strike is the best equipped with aluminum shocks and DSM radio system so that would be the premier truck. Some would claim the Blitz being the newest truck with the most buzz around it at the event was the premier truck.
The Blitz is several months out, but it did have the buzz. We'll see if it can overtake the SC10 as the premier SC or not. The Strike may not even be legal for SCT competition, so it's still an anomaly, and the Slash, well it's popular.

As the most popular class at the event you would be in the minority
Popularity does not equal capability.

Once the Strike and Blitz are available, the Slash will be the 4th best SC available. Still top 5 though

Jesse Robbers was right there behind Scott Brown, so it was actually very close.
Perhaps I am misinformed, I was under the impression that Scott Brown pretty much dominated. I wasn't there so I could be wrong.

Our coverage isn't finished so I wouldn't judge it completely yet. It's also difficult to get photos of a class when you're marshaling that heat.
Very understandable. Like I said I am very appreciative of the coverage, just seems to be some bias against the SC10.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

The hole race seemed to be biased. Why else would they have fifferent classes for the different makes. That make NO sense at all. You dont have different races for buggy and truck just becuz there are different brands. Corr truck is Corr truck it shouldnt have to matter what damn truck you buy.
Must every ones agrees its the mostly the driver not the truck. So why would you hold a "big race" and make them run in different classes. That alone I feal will realy hurt the growth of this class and future classes.
This is the reason I sold my Corr truck,got tired of crying about it.Oh that isnt the same truck you cant race with us, or you can race but you wont get any pionts. Its a bunch of bull....
Sorry I had to get that of my chest.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
The hole race seemed to be biased. Why else would they have fifferent classes for the different makes. That make NO sense at all. You dont have different races for buggy and truck just becuz there are different brands. Corr truck is Corr truck it shouldnt have to matter what damn truck you buy.
Must every ones agrees its the mostly the driver not the truck. So why would you hold a "big race" and make them run in different classes. That alone I feal will realy hurt the growth of this class and future classes.
This is the reason I sold my Corr truck,got tired of crying about it.Oh that isnt the same truck you cant race with us, or you can race but you wont get any pionts. Its a bunch of bull....
Sorry I had to get that of my chest.
I agree, pretty stupid.

The preceived advantage of the SC10(and now the Blitz) and the attitude of the Slash only crowd is such BS.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

The Blitz is several months out, but it did have the buzz. We'll see if it can overtake the SC10 as the premier SC or not. The Strike may not even be legal for SCT competition, so it's still an anomaly, and the Slash, well it's popular.
It was announced Thursday bud.

Popularity does not equal capability.

Once the Strike and Blitz are available, the Slash will be the 4th best SC available. Still top 5 though
From what I saw laptime-wise all 3 trucks were capable of similar performance. If it were next year I would agree. However the Slash is still the most popular SC truck to date. With nearly 50 entrants in that versus only 11 in the SC10 class (7 really if you take the 4 Blitz trucks out of it) I would say the interest in the SC10 class at this race itself was minimal based on turnout.

just seems to be some bias against the SC10.
To what end and purpose? You're reading bias into somewhere there is none.

Perhaps I am misinformed, I was under the impression that Scott Brown pretty much dominated. I wasn't there so I could be wrong.
Brownie did lead wire-to-wire. However he was under almost constant pressure from Jesse who was within 2-3 truck lengths of Brown through out most of the main.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

This hobby should be fun. What fun is it when you cant even race against the other trucks and people. Sorry kid thanks for buying a corr truck but you cant race with us becuz it issnt the same kind of truck as we have or the isnt enough for your 'own' class. If I wanted to run my own class Id stay and play in the back yard. We just want to race CORR truck, Not slash truck, or sc10 truck. Wake and get your heads out of each others asses and take a look around and see what this is going to do if it keeps up.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

It was announced Thursday bud.
Yeah, I'm aware of that?

From what I saw laptime-wise all 3 trucks were capable of similar performance. If it were next year I would agree. However the Slash is still the most popular SC truck to date. With nearly 50 entrants in that versus only 11 in the SC10 class (7 really if you take the 4 Blitz trucks out of it) I would say the interest in the SC10 class at this race itself was minimal based on turnout.

To what end and purpose? You're reading bias into somewhere there is none.
Maybe I am, I looked at the pics, didn't see much on the SC10 and voiced my observation. As for the bias, perhaps it is my perception.

Brownie did lead wire-to-wire. However he was under almost constant pressure from Jesse who was within 2-3 truck lengths of Brown through out most of the main.
That's about what I thought, total domination!

Next year, run the Slash, SC10, Blitz, and any other SC truck that may be released together. I'm so tired of the class division.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to know what was announced on Thursday. Is the Losi now ROAR CORR Legal. Also I have to say that the Short Course Nationals were awesome, I had a ton of fun. And I think you are going to get your wish. I would imagine that next year it will just be stock and Mod. I am saying this because I believe that is the direction that this class is taking. As far as the trucks themselves I think the Slash is actually the best one out of the box. This however is only my personal opinion. Both Scott Brown and Jesse Robbers looked great and I look forward to the event next year when there will be even more of these trucks available, it is definitely going to be something to see.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

That's about what I thought, total domination!
Total domination is lapping the field. Having someone else poke their nose up under you at every corner is darn tight and competitive racing. Sorry, perhaps I am not the one who is biased here
Old 07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Total domination is lapping the field. Having someone else poke their nose up under you at every corner is darn tight and competitive racing. Sorry, perhaps I am not the one who is biased here
I'm sorry, the sarcasm smiley wasn't available.

Now let's talk about the the Blitz and SC10 some more!

I'm getting the black and grey Maxxis Blitz for my son to replace his Slash. The Slash will be relegated to loaner for those interested in trying SC racing at Hanger 18!

Any word on what Losi plans on doing about the legal status of the Strike?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Next year, run the Slash, SC10, Blitz, and any other SC truck that may be released together. I'm so tired of the class division.
Hopefully enough people bitched about the class seperation at the Nationals and the folks running the race listened.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If ROAR stands to their guns the Strike won't be legal until next year IF they change the rules to allow it. I don't agree on the class seperation. They should all be run together with the common grounds being motors and the CORR type tires. This was a great equalizer at the ROAR Nats when we ran. I'm not sure this last race should have been called a National since one had already been run but since it wasn't ROAR I guess it doesn't matter what you call it!lol Congrats to all the winners though! Wish I could have made the trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.