Wiki Posts
Search

psst secret for finding rc info

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default psst secret for finding rc info

anyone else tired of looking up websites for people? i understand if its a specialty item something rare or news they might not be able to find. but looking for a standerd motor or some battery every store has. "F-ING GOOGLE IT PEOPLE" its not that hard
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (67%+)

amen, The amount of posts where people ask, "whats a good electric buggy", or "what is a LVC" . If they would google their question, it would make for much less junk/redundant posts. I do have a guilty pleasure for "vs" threads though, which most forum veterans frown apon.

We should sticky this!!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sampson0420
amen, The amount of posts where people ask, "whats a good electric buggy", or "what is a LVC" . If they would google their question, it would make for much less junk/redundant posts. I do have a guilty pleasure for "vs" threads though, which most forum veterans frown apon.

We should sticky this!!
+1 and how do you sticky it. although vs. threads are more debate threads so thats not really under the guidlines for this.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Or we can complain and chase off potential new racers. Personally google is usesless as much as it is helpful. There is so much trash that comes back from searches. A forum is like track side to me. If I am at the track are you going to tell me to go google it? It is a social place that we can interact old and new alike. If you dont want to answer just dont.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (67%+)

Originally Posted by nichocgn
Or we can complain and chase off potential new racers. Personally google is usesless as much as it is helpful. There is so much trash that comes back from searches. A forum is like track side to me. If I am at the track are you going to tell me to go google it? It is a social place that we can interact old and new alike. If you dont want to answer just dont.

I pretty much disagree with this whole statement, but hey I guess thats why we have opinions
Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Something that this forum does not do that I really like about Helifreaks when I was flying helis is they had a beginner section with Stickies for all the common beginner quesitons.

What is Lipo.
How does a brushless motor work.
Setup's and videos for specific products.
How to glue tires.
How to rebuild shocks.
How to charge lipo.
How to skin a cat.... etc

This site does not do that, that's why you get all the "stupid to you" questions. Instead of frowning on them, respond to a noob every once in a while and help them with their "stupid to you" question. That's what we are all here for. To talk RC cars.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by desertbird
Something that this forum does not do that I really like about Helifreaks when I was flying helis is they had a beginner section with Stickies for all the common beginner quesitons.

What is Lipo.
How does a brushless motor work.
Setup's and videos for specific products.
How to glue tires.
How to rebuild shocks.
How to charge lipo.
How to skin a cat.... etc

This site does not do that, that's why you get all the "stupid to you" questions. Instead of frowning on them, respond to a noob every once in a while and help them with their "stupid to you" question. That's what we are all here for. To talk RC cars.

stuff like that i dont mind cause sometimes you 1 on 1 for that stuff or little techniques but asking for a link cause you're too lazy to google or froogle it come on man. better yet find the local track or hobby shop and i'm sure they can order it for you. alot of people dont understand that these online shops are local hobby shops or tracks that relized its a good idea to go online and broaden my customer base
Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

u know what i hate the most?

people bitchin about nothing, which is how this thread started
Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nichocgn

How could you disagree with that post? he's right , Google or any other seach engine is sometimes totally worthless! AND sometimes you get taken to a friggin' huge thread where you would have to read though it in about a weeks time....when all you have to do is ask the question. If you don't want to answer , or it bothers you....MOVE ON! Some people actually enjoy helping others out , no matter how many times the question has been asked.

On a side note....when someone asks you "what would be the best 1/8th scale motor?" You will get all sorts of different opinions from different people , and within ONE YEAR almost all those opinions can be changed with new new products coming out all the time.

Is the best motor last year , still the best now? Is the best 1/10th ESC that's considered the best now.....was it the best last year...was it even out yet?

The answers to alot of these questions have the answers changed after time because there is always something better being designed , and released.

And yeah...because some of the hardcore racer guys , "think" they know everything , they sometimes discourage new guys wanting to get into the hobby....and that's bad.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gweed
anyone else tired of looking up websites for people? i understand if its a specialty item something rare or news they might not be able to find. but looking for a standerd motor or some battery every store has. "F-ING GOOGLE IT PEOPLE" its not that hard
Another solution would be to not let it get under your skin and get your panties in a bunch. Skip over the post and move on to all the other important posts you feel the need to respond. That's what I do. Makes life easier and less stressful.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This forum is the google for rc FAQ...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

It may be 'annoying' to some to answer a 'noob' question on here, but if it bothers you that much, I suggest you just dont click on the thread. . .In a 'sport' (or is it a hobby?) like this, I think 'we' (as in every one of us that races and/or participates) should provide encouragment to continue to build the base. The more people that are involved, the more racers that will appear. To frown upon someone who does not know something will just turn them off. Everyone was a beginner at some point, and no matter how long you have been racing or how many state, regional, or national championships you may have won, there is always something to learn when it comes to getting the most performance out of your vehicle.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Newb Questions

Sorry guys I don't get it I joined this forum when getting back into RC racing and surely asked alot of want some may call stupid questions.
I also take the time to answer questions I do know about to be helpful to others after all isn't that the point of this forum to share info.
I have been into Rc cars for about 20 years and still have questions when it is something I have not dealt with in the past.
Rather then spend alot of time researching an item why not ask it here and get a responce from people with experience.
I also take the time to GOOGLE in a search but if I don't like the answer I come here and sometimes both.
Try this for a search and see how helpfull your responce is on GOOGLE ( KM Concepts 13mm 170cc V.III Fuel Gun ) you will get three responces Shop Wiki(x2) and The Find.
While they will take you to a site that has this gun they are both overseas and no direct liks come up.
Yes this is one small example and if you change the wording a little you will get a better responce but that is not my point, the point is to show an example.
So what is wrong with asking if anyone else knows where to buy this gun locally.
So I agree with the other responce if you don't like the question don't respond and just move on.

Thats just my 2 cents worth.

\
----->
Mugen MRX4X - Picco P9 EVO
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

you guys miss understood the point. stop asking info on where to buy things or stupid things like that. i'm usually the first one to help someone out its justwhen you ask about a product then want everyone else to look up where to buy. then you have the people who ask what to use then they deside that they want this one set up and star another thread on that stateing they are getting it then just does anyone know the specs or something stupid like that. thats all im saying. just look little things up like that. thats all
Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My hobby shop is like that. If I need a part I need the part number, and have of the time they get me the worng thing. I no it's not really what your guys are talking about, but you get the point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.