Wiki Posts
Search

psst secret for finding rc info

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gweed
anyone else tired of looking up websites for people? i understand if its a specialty item something rare or news they might not be able to find. but looking for a standerd motor or some battery every store has. "F-ING GOOGLE IT PEOPLE" its not that hard

http://tinyurl.com/b8q4sf

Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That's S'awesome !
Old 02-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkey
My hobby shop is like that. If I need a part I need the part number, and have of the time they get me the worng thing. I no it's not really what your guys are talking about, but you get the point.
On this type of matter I say it is easier for the hobby shop to order you the right part if you give them the part number. I do work for a hobby shop and it's takes us just as long to look for a part number that it does you. And you giving the part number gets rid of the chances of screwing up. I don't mind though looking for a part number for you though, but when you are talking with a person over the phone and they say, I need that part that goes on the left front side that connects to the wheel. It is sometimes is hard to understand what they are going for. Yes you should be certain when ordering the part, but chances are eventually you are going to make a mistake. Yes if they are constantly making mistakes or your actually talking to the person in person thats a different story. But to make if better for both parties it is easier for the person to have a part number ready, that way they can quickly order a part, and have a less chance of making a mistake. BUT if it's a part like I need a A-Arm for a Savage 4.6 then thats a different story again. Thats a common enough part where a employee should know the part.

Anyways what I am trying to say that if a hobby store says it would be nice to have a part number. It's not that they are trying to be mean. But are just trying to make sure you get what you need. If the store just doesn't help you if you don't have the # then, again thats a different story.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gweed
you guys miss understood the point. stop asking info on where to buy things or stupid things like that. i'm usually the first one to help someone out its justwhen you ask about a product then want everyone else to look up where to buy. then you have the people who ask what to use then they deside that they want this one set up and star another thread on that stateing they are getting it then just does anyone know the specs or something stupid like that. thats all im saying. just look little things up like that. thats all
I respect your opinions Gweed, but my two cents is what's wrong with asking people? Many of "which is best" or "what's better" is often a matter of opinion, many products gets sold (or not sold) because of opinions from the user base.

I personally don't mind people posting things that you can look up on search engines or online pedias. Like some of the posters stated, if you don't like it, just skip over it. No one is forcing you to look at it nor forcing you to respond to it.

I understand your gripe, I've been into this hobby (err sport?) for over 18 years, I still feel more comfortable about asking basic questions and opinions on product from real people rather than ad-driven articles or not so objective reviews (we've all seen them, can't blame these sites and mags, they have to generate revenues and please their clients).

To all those that are reading this thread and afraid to post the next question, I say bring them on! There are many of us that don't mind being their "google."
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I respect your opinions Gweed, but my two cents is what's wrong with asking people? Many of "which is best" or "what's better" is often a matter of opinion, many products gets sold (or not sold) because of opinions from the user base.

I personally don't mind people posting things that you can look up on search engines or online pedias. Like some of the posters stated, if you don't like it, just skip over it. No one is forcing you to look at it nor forcing you to respond to it.

I understand your gripe, I've been into this hobby (err sport?) for over 18 years, I still feel more comfortable about asking basic questions and opinions on product from real people rather than ad-driven articles or not so objective reviews (we've all seen them, can't blame these sites and mags, they have to generate revenues and please their clients).

To all those that are reading this thread and afraid to post the next question, I say bring them on! There are many of us that don't mind being their "google."
Same here.....I sometimes like taking the time to help someone out with a problem.....gives myself a nice break from work now and then too....
Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 AM
gfx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nichocgn
Or we can complain and chase off potential new racers. Personally google is usesless as much as it is helpful. There is so much trash that comes back from searches. A forum is like track side to me. If I am at the track are you going to tell me to go google it? It is a social place that we can interact old and new alike. If you dont want to answer just dont.
I totally agree.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I say who cares.. I'm sure everything has been asked before. But people aren't on this forum 24 hours/day like some people. The only think I hate is ambiguous thread titles, other than repetitive threads is the nature of the beast with discussion forums. It's some folks desire to push their opinions on others that feel they must reply every time the same question is asked.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

no most of you are missing it. i have no problem if you ask how do you like this product or that one but for some to just ask you to give them links to a store or shit like that just look your self. i mean if you want a new tv are you gonna post some where whats a good store to buy a tv from send me a link. come on people stop being lazy.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This thread gets a thumbs down, its bad enough to see you guys QQ in a thread where someone hasn't bothered to search but now you start an entire thread about it?

Here is some advise, find something meaningful to bitch about.