Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/10th crawler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi 1/10th crawler?

Hows the vibe in this forum about the Losi 2.2 crawler coming out in May?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's a good crawler, but I think the axial or the new venom. I have the AX10 ARTR and I love it.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Why would you pick either of those over the Losi?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by porkey
It's a good crawler, but I think the axial or the new venom. I have the AX10 ARTR and I love it.
Have you actually seen it?

I have owned the first version of the Axial 2.2, and owned a variety of custom 2.2, and for out of the box performance it is hands-down the best 2.2 crawler to come out, I have seen it crawl in person, and I know 3 guys that have one, (sponsored by Losi). Rich really knows what he is doing, and is very active in our Club (SoCalRCRC)
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtmancda
Why would you pick either of those over the Losi?
Just from what I seen, and I'm not a big fan of losi. Now that's just me, and the axial ARTR has more up grades over the Losi.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Out of the box the Losi wins hands down in my opinion. But the aftermarket ability of the AX10 is unmatched at the moment. I know you can say that the Losi has the worm gears, but its only a matter of time before they have a AX10. So if you plan to run stock, get the Losi Crawler. If you plan to mod and go for after market stuff, go for the AX10. Once the Losi has been out more it should get the aftermarket ability the AX10 has, but right now at least in the shop I work at and the other shops in town, the AX10 has the better parts support.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Berg.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

by the looks of it the losi needs no upgrades. maybe a few minor things, but who cares about up grades if the truck dosent need them.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by rammstein88
by the looks of it the losi needs no upgrades. maybe a few minor things, but who cares about up grades if the truck dosent need them.
x2

I judge many of our comps for my local club, and you would be amazed at people running close to bone-stock rigs, and do better than guys that dump $1000's of money into them.

Out of the Box, the Losi has many of the upgrades that took Axial a while to come up with, sure the Axial is nice, the upgrade path us much greater, but only because it's been out longer.

Axial needs to step up and ditch a lot of their crap they still use in the KIT version of the 2.2, the body needs to go, tires need to go, chassis needs re-vamping, etc...

Luckily the ARTR version has more of the upgrade options, Proline tires, better body, bent links, aluminum C's, Knuckles, and straight axle adapters.

Links, trannys, motors, shocks, tires, etc... can be made to work with any crawler.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JGruber
x2

I judge many of our comps for my local club, and you would be amazed at people running close to bone-stock rigs, and do better than guys that dump $1000's of money into them.

Out of the Box, the Losi has many of the upgrades that took Axial a while to come up with, sure the Axial is nice, the upgrade path us much greater, but only because it's been out longer.

Axial needs to step up and ditch a lot of their crap they still use in the KIT version of the 2.2, the body needs to go, tires need to go, chassis needs re-vamping, etc...

Luckily the ARTR version has more of the upgrade options, Proline tires, better body, bent links, aluminum C's, Knuckles, and straight axle adapters.

Links, trannys, motors, shocks, tires, etc... can be made to work with any crawler.
I am going to have to disagree but this is just my opinion. Yea the Losi comes with a dig setup, but it's only a two position setup unlike the Axial dig setups that you can get. Don't get me wrong, the Losi Crawler has it's place in my world and is an awesome crawler. But to me this is a hobby not a toy, working and tinkering is part of the process. But for the people who just want to plug and play the Losi is there choice.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys, this is what I was looking for. In the beginning it was axial all the way, then a local designed and built the venom creeper, LHS really pushed it but I fear its support will be lacking. Then came the Losi, comes with lockers, digs, proven tires, bent links, great flex and steering, worm gears and a great factory support team, hard to beat that for about 300 smackers. Everybody and their brother owns an axial of some sort, all maybe a little or a lot "modded up" but they are still axials. They are great and I may still own one one day, but I would rather be part of the start of something new. If they suck, well I'm out some cash and will move on to the next one. Thanks again fellas.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dirtmancda
Thanks guys, this is what I was looking for. In the beginning it was axial all the way, then a local designed and built the venom creeper, LHS really pushed it but I fear its support will be lacking. Then came the Losi, comes with lockers, digs, proven tires, bent links, great flex and steering, worm gears and a great factory support team, hard to beat that for about 300 smackers. Everybody and their brother owns an axial of some sort, all maybe a little or a lot "modded up" but they are still axials. They are great and I may still own one one day, but I would rather be part of the start of something new. If they suck, well I'm out some cash and will move on to the next one. Thanks again fellas.
I am sure the crawler will be awesome. And after 4-6 months after the crawler is released I am sure the part support with be awesome. I love Losi vehicles an have had great luck with them. If it lives up to the hipe, I can see myself getting one for sure. But until then I will stick to my AX10 until the Losi gets it legs sort of speak.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just from what I seen, and I'm not a big fan of losi. Now that's just me, and the axial ARTR has more up grades over the Losi.
Wow.....
Old 02-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had one in my hands at RCP Crawlers last week.. damn it's awesome! I will be getting one for sure!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Your correct.Its your opinion.But the fact is,the Losi crawler will be "THE" shaft drive crawler to own.Period.Axials only answer now would be to be bold enough to build an MOA crawler.
Originally Posted by shanty140
I am going to have to disagree but this is just my opinion. Yea the Losi comes with a dig setup, but it's only a two position setup unlike the Axial dig setups that you can get. Don't get me wrong, the Losi Crawler has it's place in my world and is an awesome crawler. But to me this is a hobby not a toy, working and tinkering is part of the process. But for the people who just want to plug and play the Losi is there choice.
Amen.
Originally Posted by Crawler
Berg.
This shows your bias and lack of knowledge on the subject.The ARTR is not a capable crawler if we stack it against what Losi has coming out.

Buy what you feel like.Go to a comp after the Losi hits the market.Better yet,build a BERG based rig....there I go showing my bias!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.