Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody buy from Ultraline Hobbies??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Anybody buy from Ultraline Hobbies??

Has anybody bought from Ultralinehobbies.com?? I ordered 4 5000 Lipos http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=707&parent=56 on the 2nd of Feb. Paid 2-3 day shipping and that friday got nothing so far. Called numerous times, no answer, emailed and got a email back on saturday saying that on the 15th they should have them in stock when the site said they were in stock when I ordered. Been calling and emailing since the 15th and no answer, and now it is the 23rd of Feb. Missed to races I could have had with my F8T because of this already I am about to put a dispute in with paypal but really want these batteries. I would not mind waiting if they would just tell me what is going on.

Anybody done business with these people?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Has anybody bought from Ultralinehobbies.com?? I ordered 4 5000 Lipos http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=707&parent=56 on the 2nd of Feb. Paid 2-3 day shipping and that friday got nothing so far. Called numerous times, no answer, emailed and got a email back on saturday saying that on the 15th they should have them in stock when the site said they were in stock when I ordered. Been calling and emailing since the 15th and no answer, and now it is the 23rd of Feb. Missed to races I could have had with my F8T because of this already I am about to put a dispute in with paypal but really want these batteries. I would not mind waiting if they would just tell me what is going on.

Anybody done business with these people?

I have ordered a couple times from them with no problems and quick shipping but your link to the yeah 5000mah says that they are "ON-ORDER" and that they are accepting pre-orders.

Hope you get things straight.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stallard
I have ordered a couple times from them with no problems and quick shipping but your link to the yeah 5000mah says that they are "ON-ORDER" and that they are accepting pre-orders.

Hope you get things straight.
They did email me on the 7th saying that on the 15th they would have them. No responses from the 18th till today...... I told them on the 7th I do not mind waiting, just keep my informed which they have not done. Nobody ever picks the phone up!!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

At least you had a good experience with them. That makes me feel better that I will get them.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Personally I have nothing but good things to say about Ultraline...so far.

Dan posts on this forum fairly regularly. I do believe that the last I heard, the 4000 and 5000 packs were still not in from their supplier.

Have you called them? Try dropping him a PM or post on one of the Yeah Racing LiPo threads.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a buddy that ordered some packs from them without incident. But I would definitely say their lack of communication is completely unacceptable.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gndprx
Personally I have nothing but good things to say about Ultraline...so far.

Dan posts on this forum fairly regularly. I do believe that the last I heard, the 4000 and 5000 packs were still not in from their supplier.

Have you called them? Try dropping him a PM or post on one of the Yeah Racing LiPo threads.
I have called them almost at least once or twice a day, sometimes more since the 15th trying to get someone. I do not want to say anything bad as if I still get the batts I will be very happy. Just trying to get a response back is all I want. What is his name on here? Be more than happy to PM him. I will look for the Yeah racing lipo thread too. Would rather wait and get them instead of going through all the paypal claim stuff and looking for other batts as I have heard these are pretty good. Thanks for the help though.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry Same prob with Ultraline hobbies

I have a similar situation with Ultraline hobbies.

I placed my order on Feb 23... There was NO delay in them accepting my payment. After not receiving my order in 3 days I sent them an e-mail... which they answered saying that they should have the batteries in one week.

Cool I thought... I can wait.

Well, its been darn near 2 weeks... The website says their stock is in of what I ordered but they are not answering any e-mails about when I am going to receive it. Ive also tried calling and gotten no where.

I am about at my wits end... By the end of this week I will be tempted to start my claims with my credit card company unless I hear something.

If someone related to Ultraline is on here... now would be a good time to send me a message!

Thanks
Geo
Old 03-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have had great success with Ultraline. I emailed them about the 5000 lipo's too, and was responded with an email stating it was a back order with an expected ETA. It did take quite a few days to get the email response, so I'm sure he is really busy. In my case I did not want to wait so ordered from another supplier. You will quickly learn anything with a ETA on it means nothing in the hobby world. Delays from manufacturers are extremely common these days, and this makes everyone involved very agrivated. It would be nice if these online vendors would put you on a backorder list, and not charge anything till the item is in stock. I'm still waiting on a R/C I back ordered in January, that was supposed to come out end of Feburary, now looks like April..
Old 03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that believes that a lack of prompt communication is unacceptable? I understand that things in this hobby are often delayed time and time again. But if a customer's order is delayed, I think it's the responsibility of the business to give the customer fair warning. It shouldn't even get to the point that the customer has to make contact to find out what the hold up is. And if it does come to that it is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to not reply in a timely fashion!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ultraline Hobbies receives 100s of emails daily, if for some reason we missed yours and haven't responded I apologize.

We also don't always catch every thread that concerns our customers and their questions about a product.
Everyone that has ever PM'd us via rctech has received a response in a very timely mater.

Anyone that has pre-ordered the Yeah Racing 5000s and would like a refund please email us at [email protected]

We do have the Thunder Power 40C 5000s IN-Stock

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=708&parent=72