Search

battery help. lipo. 8000mAh

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default battery help. lipo. 8000mAh

I found these. are they any good?

http://www.mmhobby.com/lipoba.html

I have the traxxas brushless system. these batteries look like a good deal! are there better deals out there. should I get 2s or 3s? I usually stop by the track for a hour or 2. so I would think some 8000mAh lipos would do me for almost 2h run time in my slash.

I like the idea of half/hour run times. I heard I would need 8000mAh to do that. Plus when I go for a Electric monster truck later this summer. I wont have to get new batteries. I could throw the 8000mAh in that. and get some smaller ones for the slash.

Anything else you have would be appreciated. This is my first electric.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

they are great batteries, but you should try ordering them from truerc.net
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)
Default True R/C lipo

I have a 8000mah True R/C lipo I run in my 10th scale truck.It has worked flawless for over 1 year now.Great pack for the price.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

true RC packs are the best packs you can buy for the $$$ awsome CS to

http://home.comcast.net/%7Etruerc/re...eady_packs.htm
Old 02-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

I noticed the "C" rating on the TrueRc packs is less than the Maxamp. I'm guessing its a higher amp discharge. but what does that mean for my Slash? higher top speeds? better accel? cooler motor? I would love to save a ton of money on the TrueRC batteries. But what am I giving up? If I can pull wheelies with my 7cell nimh. These batteries have got to be amazing.

Is the volts whats important for accel/speed. or amps? should I get 3s or 2s. They seem to give the same runtime, but with the 3s being 1/3 faster. looks like I should spring the extra $ for the 3s...? Will 2s be way faster than my 7cell nimh. Or will it just run way longer?

Please. anything else I should know. I like to be well informed, and I'm new to electric. And this all needs to be compatible with the traxxas vxl system.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Rookie

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7661

does this item do lipo? it says so in the title. but not in the specs... If its any good. thats an amazing price

Whats the cheapest 10A charger on the market. either AC/DC or just DC+price of a 10A power unit? I'm going to get some 10000mAh lipo. they should run for about an hour. If my math is right. a 10a charger would charge 10000mAh battery in 1 hour.

The idea is... That I would have virtually no down time between runs.

thank you

Last edited by Eppidemic; 02-22-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Specs - 3rd bullet down - "Charges: 1 to 25 NiCd / NiMH Cells, 1 to 8 Cell Lithium, and 6-24 volt Lead Acid/Gel Cell Batteries". You won't find a 10amp hobby AC/DC charger, they're usually always limited to 50wattts output power. CHeapest 10a charger I know off - Hyperion 0610iNet, $150. Needs a 20amp continuous rated power supply, so another $50-70.

Downside to a large capacity lipo like these is the weight, these weigh a lot relatively speaking, look at some of the listed weights and compare to 5000mah size. They're also physically large - be sure you can make one fit. I'd get them direct from TrueRC rather than pay a middle man.

TrueRC makes up for its low C rating with the bigger capacity so it can still deliver the amps. From what I've read, their C Rating appears to be conservative, not the other way around.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i wouldent bother with that especially if you want to race at a track. look at this one

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/pics/smc5240cm.jpg

and any of these
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...&uterm=&sthumb

smc makes some of the best lipos out there and thier prices are very competeive