R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-28-2003, 12:38 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

I would agree with these guys on the Losi, I started out with a Traxxas Nitro Rustler and I paid for it......cause after I realized that it wasn't a racing machine , but a backyard basher like most RTR kits, I lost what I had invested in it plus I had to recoop what I could from it and build a Losi xxx-nt kit. I have been on the Losi bandwagon eversince. I have driven most of the gas trucks except the Mugen, the RC10GT is nice and I actually like it better for dirt oval because of the gearing available, but nothing handles like a xxx-nt on an off-road course. The xxx-nt has come out with a new RTR version.....instead of "ready to run" its "READY TO RACE!!" and win. It is much more balanced than the other trucks I have driven. I have had the privelage of watching some of the worlds best, ie....Adam Drake , Ryan Cavalieri, Jimmy Babcock, an up and comer David Shepherd....just picked up sponsorship from Panther Tire( local track champion ) Showtime speedway, Bakersfield ,CA. These guys all run the NT and dominate. David used to run the GT but has since swithced to the NT for handling reasons. I am not knocking the GT or those who run it, I am just giving my opinion on the topic, go with what you can get parts for.....if budget is a concern, try ebay.com for some killer deals on the xxx-nt or GT .Later
Losi Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:52 AM   #17
Tech Addict
Send a message via AIM to 2mcgrath Send a message via Yahoo to 2mcgrath

the losi or the rc10gt are both gonna be great trucks.. i just myself like the rc10gt's the best..
2mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

there is something else to think about, which truck do you like. we can go on forever about which truck is best, so if it were me i would do what i always do. i narrow it down to two trucks, then i take the pros and cons of each and see which one fits my taste the best. myself love the losi, the layout, easy to work on, looks bad, and i have always liked the way there designs are. only you can decide what you will be happy with,and if you can try and drive both of them. later
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #19
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

I don't have a gas car, if you didn't notice my avatar, but I've driven LOTS of Gas trucks: RC10GT, XXXNT, MST1, Rush, N. Rusty, Ultima ST Evo, etc.
I have to say I liked the XXXNT the most. I think it drove a little...er...different. I'd stay away from the Rush cause I hear they have chassis bending problems. Also I dont know about the Evo but the original Rush has a rediculous cooling head. Just my $.02

Last edited by LosiFromHell986; 11-30-2003 at 03:11 PM.
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 04:24 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

I'm gonna chime in and vote for the GT. I'm real partial to them. I came across one on a good deal a while back and have loved it ever since. Parts are everywhere, and fairly cheap. It's easy to work on and real durable. Great for beginners too.
TC3Killer is offline   Reply With Quote