R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   B4 nosediving (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/277496-b4-nosediving.html)

Limerick91 02-21-2009 05:01 PM

B4 nosediving

My B4 keeps nosediving when i go up a small jump and it seems the faster i go up to the jump the more its nosediving.
I haven't added any weight to either front or back and as far as weight it concerened it's pretty much as stock. I hold the throttle when its in the air as from what i have gathered helps the nose to stay up although i only have the stock 17T brushed motor in it still.
Im completely new to the off road scene and so any advice on how i can help this problem would be great or would it just be a case of more weight on the back and/or less on the front?

Thanks.

snowboard094 02-21-2009 05:05 PM

add weight to the rear of the buggy. If you hold the throttle down in mid air it should even out though.

tmail55 02-21-2009 05:30 PM

I'm guessing you have a B4 SE or RS.

Most likely your rear bottom is slapping as you go up the jumps ramp. This would cause a rear-ing up of the back end, which looks like a nose dive. IF you don't know the diff.

To learn the diff between nose dive and rear-ing up, go over a jump you don't have the nosing problem and at the top of your jump (in the air) tap the brakes, watch how the front drops, the rear doesn't rise up.

Possible fix >> Adjust your rear spring pre-load so the axles are just a bit above level, don't trust your eyes use a straight edge.

Another Possible fix >> IF you have Black rear springs put Green rear springs on and adjust the axles to level.

Go to AE web site (rc10.com) in the menu at the top, mouse over "Racing" click "Setup Sheets" look for "Standard setup" NOT "Standard setup for #9034". Use this as a base setup.

NICK2765 02-21-2009 05:36 PM

Im not positive but isnt that a drag brake issue?

Goodesta 02-21-2009 05:43 PM

no nick that isnt a braking problem. However when u do brake ur front end should pitch foward

play around with all the preload spacers in the shocks add a couple to the front and it should take away that probelly can we get a pic off the jump

NICK2765 02-21-2009 05:47 PM

Are you sure goodddyy I thought the more the drag brake the more it nose dives. I lowered my drag brake settings when I had the same problem and it worked.

NICK2765 02-21-2009 05:48 PM

oo hes talking about one jump in particular nvm :lol:

Limerick91 02-21-2009 06:55 PM

Thanks guys, I don't have any green springs for the rear atm but i will try and see if it could be the rear end "slapping" as im going up the jump.
I tried tapping the brake as i left the jump and yeah the nose pitched down a lot compared.
I will play around with the spacers tomorrow and see how it goes.

JeromeK99 02-21-2009 07:34 PM

Is it happening on just one jump or all of them? If it is all of them it might be a setup issue... make sure your shocks have enough oil in them. If they are empty the springs could be causing to fast of a rebound after a loading from the jump. Lowering (tightening) the front shock springs might help as well.

Also try taking the jump at less than full throttle so you can give it a little blip in the air to bring the nose up.

Jerome :tire::tire:

Gliptal 02-21-2009 08:32 PM

If its a small abrupt jump you will probably have to slow down slightly before it and give it a bit of throttle off the lip to make the buggy fly level.

mattnin 02-21-2009 09:27 PM

Yea I'd say it is a ride height, spring preload or spring setup issue. Are your shocks bled and full of oil? If it does it even if you give it full throttle, it is probably just the chassis slapping the jump face.