Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!

Coming soon.

Info and pictures will be posted when I get the ok from Caster Racing.

They are producing an electric 1/8 buggy and truggy in both RTR and "Pro Race" versions. Details on the RTR components are not available at this time. The Pro kit will be released first while the RTR is being finished.

We will have more information at www.casterracingusa.com soon, and will have a sign up list for those interested in purchasing when the first shipments come in.

Prices are yet to be determined, but expect them to be similar to the current Caster nitro cars. The nitro ZX-1R pro kit sells for around $400 through you local hobby store, and $425 direct from CasterUSA.

So we have a very good quality car at a good price that needs no additional converison work or parts.

More options and parts will be coming from Caster. This is only the beginning.

Stay tuned....
Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Key features of the new Caster electric car: proto name Fusion EX-1

Designed to use a pair of standard "1/10 size" batteries. Any of the common hardcase lipo packs can be used... Orion 4800, Checkpoint 5400, Core 5000, SMC 5000.... etc.

Uses protective plastic battery trays with hard quick release battery straps.

Low center of gravity and weight is close to the centerline of the car. The batteries are not merely stuck out on the side mud guards.

Center diff/motor mount maintains the two piece design of the Caster ZX-1R for better access to the center diff and easy removal of the entire motor/esc assembly.

I hope to have pictures to release soon... please be patient.

I also don't have a release date yet, but I am expecting to see a final product sample this month. That's all I can say at this point, but we are told it's very close.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That is great news. Now maybe the other companies will stock releasing these idiotic 1/100th scale cars to drive on your kitchen table and get off their butts and give us a real 1/8th electric from the factory.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated
That is great news. Now maybe the other companies will stock releasing these idiotic 1/100th scale cars to drive on your kitchen table and get off their butts and give us a real 1/8th electric from the factory.
You know Losi still has plenty of new 1/18 they have yet to build!!! lol

No doubt, we will see more E-1/8 cars before long. Even Caster is not going to stop with this car. Expect to see more new electric designs in the future, more unique and different than the nitro versions.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Well that's good news but as a potential customer i have few question.

Casterracing is just a brand based on Chinese OEM right ? what about spare parts and support in the futur ?
What about A123 battery support (NImh are too heavy, Lipo too dangerous even hardcased imho)
Old 04-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mister-T

Casterracing is just a brand based on Chinese OEM right ? what about spare parts and support in the futur ?
What about A123 battery support (NImh are too heavy, Lipo too dangerous even hardcased imho)
Parts support is no problem at all. You can get parts online from holeshothobbies.com and also online at casterracingusa.com.

Cannot wait to see some pics of the new buggy. Will be ordering some for sure.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

not familar with caster, but I still think its great to see a factory built electric 8th scale.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Caster Racing is not oem chinese. It is a very legitimate high quality product.
It is popular in Europe, Asia, and Australia and now, in late 2007, is officially in the U.S. Caster Racing USA is the official U.S. distributor and has a small staff of engineers and racers who are serious about making Caster Racing a recognizeable name like Losi, Team Associated, OFNA, etc....

We have made a few changes for the U.S. market and are now ready to get the ball rolling in 2008. Go to the website and pull up any of the RTRs and look at the pictures in click to zoom. I guarantee the quality and durability is equal to any of the other major manufacturers. What is intriguing is that Caster vehicles are quickly and consistantly being recognized for exceptional handling on any and every track.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Finally... first of many I hope.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

glassdoctor: This is exciting news indeed!!! A full-blown EP 1/8 scale truggy and buggy. Question: Will it have the option of running mechanical brakes? I for one prefer mechanical brakes because it's easier to tune and removes a lot of work for the esc and motor to stop the car. Any release date yet?
Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mister-T

This car is based off one I made a few months ago, built around the idea of using standard 1/10 lipo packs.

It's not designed specifically to use A123 cells, but I think it won't be hard to trim the battery trays to work with them. I will find out once we get the cars in. I did have A123s in mind when building the car, and I have some A123 cells myself. But honestly... they are not a good fit for r/c cars (Just too big and fat to work WELL) and I don't see them ever becoming mainstream as they are. So I didn't design the car around them. A123 needs to produce a subC size cell or make a flat cell if they want to be a big time player in r/c.

I'm thinking about having an option battery tray made to fit the A123 and extra wide lipo cells like TrueRC 4000/8000packs, but that's not done yet.

As for the Caster brand and parts etc:
It's based on the Mugen car... and it's very good quality. As mentioned... the ZX-1R is proving to be a very capable race car and its getting better every year. Most Mugen parts fit... and Caster parts are available in the US online now. I don't think there will be any issues getting parts like there are with some other brands out there right now.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ambo
glassdoctor: This is exciting news indeed!!! A full-blown EP 1/8 scale truggy and buggy. Question: Will it have the option of running mechanical brakes? I for one prefer mechanical brakes because it's easier to tune and removes a lot of work for the esc and motor to stop the car. Any release date yet?
It was not designed with mechanical brakes in mind... but that's an option we are looking at.

There will also be another version with a "standard" layout of a single battery pack on one side and the motor on the opposite side. This is by far the most common conversion layout right now... just like the 8ight conversion I did when it first hit the shelves. This version may be better suited for mech brakes.

I'm working on a rear-assist brake setup (Esc/motor brakes.. with a single rear disc mechanical brake) using a small servo and disc on the rear diff cup. I think that will be cool if you must have a rear bias. Stay tuned, lol....
Old 04-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Caster Racing is not oem chinese. It is a very legitimate high quality product.
It is popular in Europe, Asia, and Australia and now, in late 2007, is officially in the U.S. Caster Racing USA is the official U.S. distributor and has a small staff of engineers and racers who are serious about making Caster Racing a recognizeable name like Losi, Team Associated, OFNA, etc....

We have made a few changes for the U.S. market and are now ready to get the ball rolling in 2008. Go to the website and pull up any of the RTRs and look at the pictures in click to zoom. I guarantee the quality and durability is equal to any of the other major manufacturers. What is intriguing is that Caster vehicles are quickly and consistantly being recognized for exceptional handling on any and every track.
I can vouch for that 110% I sold my Losi 8ight buggy,and sold my Hyper ST PRO and now my ST-RR is sitting while I keep running my Caster's. The more I run them, the more I like em! Besides electronics, motor and tires I can honestly say I have not seen anything made that is way better than they are. They are on par with quality the same as Kyosho, X-Ray, Mugen no doubt.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

glassdoctor: Thank you very much for the info. I hope this will be priced competitively and durable too. I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Waiting patiently for the first production units to be available
From pics ive seen you guys will be very pleased as well as impressed by the layout. Really tidy and a low center of gravity.
Fusion hats of bud, good work and effort put into the layout.

I believe the kit is not using the gas versions chassis but a dedicated electric chassis as well as the center diff mounts.
Good possibility of a conversion kit being available that will even fit the Mugen buggies.

Believe more news will be made available in 3/4 weeks time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.