Community
Wiki Posts
Search

slash / sc10 class evoving

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

At High Desert Raceplace, the Slash with 13.5s are allowed to run with stock slashs and they have just one big huge class, and they are allowing proline tires now too. And soon enough the SC10's are going to run in the class as well. No word on what motor is going to be required in the SC10 to run with the Slashes, but I assume it is still gonna be a 13.5.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
So, by that reasoning, as long as your truck fits a certain specification, you're good to go... price has nothing to do with it.
And once again the point is missed. Well at least I can put $80 dollar tires and a $50 motor in my slash and maybe compete. But I better get the $85 chassis and $75 shocks also.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

It is just unfair to have one manufacturer for one class. Soon enough I bet Losi, Kyosho, etc... will all have CORR trucks and then now what? We gotta run em all together anyway.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is the perfect example of where the Slash and SC10 should run together - in Novice.

We do have a straight run what you brung electric novice class and they can run together but the novice slash is for slash only, as the name implies.

I suspect though it is more sour grapes on your part, once again traxxas beat everyone to the punch with a better product at a way better price.

Lockhart
Old 02-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

I don't get it, it seems that a bunch of the guys don't want to just add a class for modded slashs and the sc10s. They want to eliminate the spec slash. They just seem to have a problem with that class, and it seems it's been good for lhs and tracks.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mattnin
It is just unfair to have one manufacturer for one class. Soon enough I bet Losi, Kyosho, etc... will all have CORR trucks and then now what? We gotta run em all together anyway.

Yes and then it will be called a corr class and each track will have to set the rules.

At my track the spec slash class has done great because they are CHEAP, TUFF & EVEN. Now all the others maybe tuff but I aint seen one cheap yet and it is hard to kep different trucks even.

It all boils down to track have to do what their racers want. Lots of ares come from oval where they were used to spec cars so they embraced the slash spec class. Also the novice have loved it because it controls cost.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:24 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerdually
And once again the point is missed. Well at least I can put $80 dollar tires and a $50 motor in my slash and maybe compete. But I better get the $85 chassis and $75 shocks also.
A 10.5T brushless is no faster than the stock Titan motor, so there's no advantage there. The SC10 chassis is somewhat of an advantage, but unless you're running on a perfect bluegroove indoor clay track, that isn't gonna help you THAT much.

Plus, the newbie kids that you referred to aren't gonna know the difference between a Slash and an SC10 anyway. To them, they all look like CORR trucks, so why would they get scared away?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stallard
Also the novice have loved it because it controls cost.
That's what I like. My kids are going to run the spec slash. If it hasn't been molested into a wallet race.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by K_B
Plus, the newbie kids that you referred to aren't gonna know the difference between a Slash and an SC10 anyway.
Are they blind?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
A 10.5T brushless is no faster than the stock Titan motor, so there's no advantage there.
But then you will get the people running 3s lipos or more in their trucks, whereas
Slashes can't handle that stock, so it is very uneven again.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

the solution is WHEN the other big guys (kyosho, losi, etc) come up with their own 1/10 electric, that the slash spec class will merge onto the a beginner's class racing.

then you have a middle group that's either running non stock motors. or have won enough races in the beginners class.

then you have the open group... run what you brung.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by K_B
A 10.5T brushless is no faster than the stock Titan motor, so there's no advantage there. The SC10 chassis is somewhat of an advantage, but unless you're running on a perfect bluegroove indoor clay track, that isn't gonna help you THAT much.

Plus, the newbie kids that you referred to aren't gonna know the difference between a Slash and an SC10 anyway. To them, they all look like CORR trucks, so why would they get scared away?
WOW you must have never ran a slash with a titan or never a 10.5, They are not even close, the best titan I have ever seen is about 63watts that puts it in the power range of a stock motor (27T brushed/ 17.5 brushless)

As for the SC10 advantage, I agree driver usualy win not the truck but a better truck does help a better driver and the real problem isn't real advantage it is percived advantage.

If the guy winning is running a certain car, battery, esc, motor ect... then most think that it is a advantage, weather it is or not. I have seen it too many times. Plus if you think kids today aren't perceptive you must not have any, they are the first to pick up on differences between the winners car and theirs!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stallard
We do have a straight run what you brung electric novice class and they can run together but the novice slash is for slash only, as the name implies.

I suspect though it is more sour grapes on your part, once again traxxas beat everyone to the punch with a better product at a way better price.

Lockhart
Do you really think that a car is going to make a difference among Novice drivers? From all the sepcualtion, the "fragile" SC10 would be a disadvantage to a Novie driver.

If little Johnny wants to race his SC10 against other trucks like his, why would anyone turn him away?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
If little Johnny wants to race his SC10 against other trucks like his, why would anyone turn him away?
Since little Johnny's dad has enough money he can race in the stock corr class with the other stock non-spec corr trucks.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

How many threads are needed for the same discussion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.