Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I LAP timing system >

I LAP timing system

I LAP timing system

Old 02-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default I LAP timing system

Does anyone here know if making space for these small IR car transponders represents a major issue for offroad or onroad vehicles in general?

I believe it can read through the lexican when its clear of paint so it would be easy enough on a slash. They can also be extranally mounted and are pretty small. What about on road cars???

Any thoughts

Cheers
Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

They are pretty good. I use them at my offroad track, and I have raced Vintage Trans Am with them. I have seen them run outside the body (such as on a SLASH) using a small watch-like battery. Sometimes it is better if the transponder is as close as possible to the lexan window. I think there are also versions under development that are very tiny, for the little miniZ type cars. I am ordering a full set of them soon for my track, as they are pretty cost effective.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SidewaysOz,
I have had mine for about 18months. Using it indoors and outdoors with 18th scale offroad. They are very easy to find space for and we usually just use velcro dots to keep them in place. They should be easier to place in an onroad car.

Clear lexan for the IR beam is preferable but it has worked on some cars through the paintwork. Depends on the paint.

This system has been very reliable and is a cheap timing system for those who cannot invest in AMB etc.

Cheers All