R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Proline 1/10 Buggy Tires, WTH? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/275674-proline-1-10-buggy-tires-wth.html)

UltegraSTI 02-14-2009 06:37 PM

Proline 1/10 Buggy Tires, WTH?

i go on their site to view a tire chart of sorts and all i see are hawgs, bowtie, holeshots, and a rib.

evil twins? inside jobs? cell blocks? fuzzies? steps? etc etc. where did they all go?

married to 1/8th now???

R

JeromeK99 02-15-2009 01:24 AM

Wow.... you're right.. nothing left for buggies.. Luckily they have the tires that work at our local tracks...

There still are lots of tires available from Losi and JConcepts though... Panther also has a bunch of newer tires for 1/10 scale trucks and buggies... to bad hardly anybody carries them locally. Which is odd because they are made locally here.. lol

Jerome :tire::tire:

wyd 02-15-2009 05:03 AM

Even better when sponsored Proline racers don't even use their tires!!!!:lol:
Kinda sucks as I always liked to run Proline tires but sine their selection is seemingly so limited I have switched to other brands.

bcrazy 02-15-2009 07:48 AM

Rumor has it that pro line is coming out with a tenth scale tire that resembles the losi bk bar and the jconcepts bar code.

Cain 02-15-2009 10:10 AM

there steps worked pretty good for me in a variety of conditions, wish they made a 4wd front of those.

JeromeK99 02-15-2009 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 5434299)
there steps worked pretty good for me in a variety of conditions, wish they made a 4wd front of those.

I've transitioned over to using JConcepts Goosebumps.. the pins last a little longer than the old proline steps and when the pin is done, the have lots of life with the bars for higher bite clay tracks. They also have 4wd fronts too!

Jerome :tire::tire:

Rob Gillespie. 02-15-2009 12:45 PM

http://www.prolineracing.com/t-race_...ctricnats.aspx

Dork Missile 02-15-2009 12:49 PM

i agree, the JC Concept tires are ace...excellent life to them and they have excellent molds and decent foams! :nod:

OTE_TheMissile 02-15-2009 12:57 PM

That's why I got away from Pro-Line when I ran Stock Truck, they kept pulling all of their great indoor race tires like the Evil Twin T and instead release garbage like golf cart bodies for monster trucks.

I ended up with Panther, they've got equivalents of every tread pattern Pro-Line and Team Losi make, and a few of their own designs that look promising. Rubber compound selection rocks too, instead of making you figure out the difference between an "XTR" or an "M2" or a "Pink", they just have hard, medium, soft, and an indoor-only Clay. Simple as that.

Dasupacat1 02-15-2009 12:59 PM

Won't miss any of the Proline stuff.

K_King 02-15-2009 01:11 PM

The only good PL tire for 10th is Holeshot (which I dont like that much but whatever) and Square Fuzzies, which they dont make anymore.

Evil Twins and Inside Jobs are ok, but I like the X-2000s and 3000s from Losi better.

They dont care about 10th scale.

20 SMOKE 02-15-2009 01:17 PM

once i burn through my hole shots that came with the b44 it will be jconcepts all the way.even there bodies have gone away from most cars and trucks to just a few cars and truck bodies for 1/10

Cain 02-15-2009 07:15 PM

my experience with holeshots is you won't have to wait too long with them to be done. Good tires performance wise, but they do slick out pretty quick. and don't get me started on the foams.

wyl03 02-15-2009 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 5436287)
my experience with holeshots is you won't have to wait too long with them to be done. Good tires performance wise, but they do slick out pretty quick.....

+1 :lol:

they are good but will empty your wallet too quickly.

JC Double-d's is a fantastic substitute.

Dork Missile 02-16-2009 04:44 PM

"Slick out pretty quick" ha,ha!

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 5436287)
my experience with holeshots is you won't have to wait too long with them to be done. Good tires performance wise, but they do slick out pretty quick. and don't get me started on the foams.

Nothing like watchin the pros take a dremel tool with a sanding spool on it, to a brand new set of tires to make slicks outta them! :confused: Until i watched them wheelie outta the corners using them? :nod: Love the Clay! :) Oh to be sponsored!