Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tech CORR Pro 2WD build

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

wth?!?! i gotta put it together?? no RTR?!? geez!!! lol
looks a lot like a crawler with that diff case lol.
where does the motor go???
it looks Tamiya-esqe is some ways.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:15 AM
Suspended

I concur, very "Tamiya-esqe." More show than go. The driveshaft angle looks terribly problematic.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
This is a really neat machine! I searched youtube for some videos of this truck but all I can find are some really old stuff from 07.

Who are these Thunder Tech guys? I've never heard of them. Are they a US-based company? It's pretty cool that they are using parts from other manufacturers (like Tamiya) for their truck...

Keep us posted on your progress on the videos... I would love to see that in action!

Yeah the I hobby vids are all they have at this point. I'm ready to run it just waiting for the motor. I have to order everything I need here where I'm at No LHS around. They are a very small U.S. based company. Darren always picks up the phone when I call and is vary personable. http://www.thundertechracing.com/

I concur, very "Tamiya-esqe." More show than go. The driveshaft angle looks terribly problematic.
Yes they use some Tamiya parts and I don't care for the Tam stuff ether. Their stuff always struk me as toyish. I have spoke with Darren at Thunder Tech about this. He has said they have plans to use their own Axle housing and internals design in the future along with a few other parts they are farming out. As to the drive shaft angle it works freely through the entire suspension cycle. Not to mention when the enitre weight of the truck in on the tires that angle will not be their. I thought about using some short turnbuckles between the tubes and the hime joint for added adjustability to the 4 link.

Last edited by RC nut; 02-13-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The body I think with some painting can be made to look good.

I wish however they would have gone with something better than those tamiya plastic shocks based on the price of the vehicle.

Looking forward to some vids.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I wish however they would have gone with something better than those tamiya plastic shocks based on the price of the vehicle.
Agreed, but Tamiya plastic shocks actually work pretty well, and it means that a whole range of aftermarket shocks, from Tamiya TRF to 3racing, will fit.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Team Tekin

We drove these trucks on the track Thundertech had setup at IHobby in Chicago. It is a very realistic truck and that was the goal. We had a blast and were smiling the entire time. It is not a basher or the easiest to drive, this is scale race truck.

Thundertech is a US company that has been around for awhile. They had a 10' x 20' booth at the show and hauled in the track. If you have ever met Darren he is full of energy and has really put his heart and soul into this truck. As another independent company that competes with mass produced products we wish them luck.

Jim Campbell
Tekin
President
Old 02-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello All:
I am here with you now, & I am happy to be a new member of this forum. if anyone needs me I am listening now & my door is always open. I will do my level best to answer any questions that you may have.

Thank you,
Old 02-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ThunderTechPres
Hello All:
I am here with you now, & I am happy to be a new member of this forum. if anyone needs me I am listening now & my door is always open. I will do my level best to answer any questions that you may have.

Thank you,
Let me be the first to welcom you Darren, Glad to see you made it to the forum...
Old 02-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you.
With so many forum's out there in the world, it is easy to miss one. I see that I was missing the party all along.

Hi Jim. You sure did have some nice things to say about me, do I owe you cash now? If so, keep talking & send me a bill.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey RC nut,
After having the weekend to work on your build, any updates yet?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ARPY

that's probably it aint at "ride height"....

drop the battery in there and set on the tires and i think the rear will sink to the RH... making the driveshaft angle look "normal"...
Old 02-18-2009, 07:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Darren, you are the man
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Hello All:

Thank you,
darren,

congrats on putting this thing out.

congrats on getting something so close to scale as a CORR truck as possible (tires... no chances on getting a scaled down 37" BFG BAJA tire? lol...)

and congrats on the triangulated 4 link for the rear axle... really impressive. i didnt see that on your website, until the pixs here on this thread.

this may just have bumped the associated Sc10 out of the running for my next purchase.

btw, did i mention i'd like a scale looking tires and wheels??????
Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hey RC nut,
After having the weekend to work on your build, any updates yet?
I finally have everything installed, the motor took a wile getting here. I need to do some tunning and ride hight adjustments. I also had a servo issue and had to replace the new one I had that was no good. The CC Sidewinder 4600kv is more that enough motor to run the truck so I'm having to setup some expo in the radio to keep things manageable. I was goofing around in the house lastnight after getting things to work right with the radio. I was runing on the carpet and the truck was torque lifting the frontend with full throttle from all the traction and I put down some cool posi burnout marks on the tile floor... the wife didn't like that to much but it put a smile on my face . I then took it out side and did a few passes in the freezing cold on the grass, very scale handeling, gotta slow down for thoes turns... although I think the front shocks don't have enough dampening as they seam a bit too bouncy. I should have it out in the dirt the next cupple of days. I don't have a track where I'm at so I will have to come up with somthing that will do. Rest asured I will have some vid this weekend to post.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ldivinag
darren,

congrats on putting this thing out.

congrats on getting something so close to scale as a CORR truck as possible (tires... no chances on getting a scaled down 37" BFG BAJA tire? lol...)

and congrats on the triangulated 4 link for the rear axle... really impressive. i didnt see that on your website, until the pixs here on this thread.

this may just have bumped the associated Sc10 out of the running for my next purchase.

btw, did i mention i'd like a scale looking tires and wheels??????
You mean like this...

Or maybe this...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.