Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jared Tebo Products >

Jared Tebo Products

Jared Tebo Products

Old 02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't know any products that I will have. I have some ideas....but nothing is for sure. What's up Ray. I 'm not sure when I will be back out in Cali. To all the people that think it is stupid to wear a shirt with my name on it. It doesn't have my name on it for one. Do you only wear a shirt with your name on it for two. The product line is a clothing line....have you heard of a clothing company...they sell cloths. I don't want people to buy my products because they think I am good at racing toy cars. I want people to want them because they like the way they look. I am just a regular person.....nothing special. I want to make cloths and products that people will like and will want to have them because they like them; not because I can drive a toy car around.
Thanks
Jared Tebo
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

They look sweet Mr. Tebo!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Offtopic but since you are online....people were discussing whether RC racin was s sport or a hobby. Since you come from mx, what is your take of this? Link thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Is rc a sport or a hobby? I think anything you do a little of and only for fun is a hobby. If you are really into whatever it is.....and do it very seriously, then it is a sport. I like riding my harley.....just a hobby......If I raced then it would be a sport to me. That is my thought. RC to me is a sport.
Jared Tebo
Old 02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Looks good Jared,don't forget the kids. Frank
Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by jaredtebo
I want to make cloths and products that people will like and will want to have them because they like them; not because I can drive a toy car around.
Thanks
Jared Tebo
That is an argument who is going to be hard to debate on a R/C forum.

Any known brand in the clothing industry have a name. You have one already in R/C, you should use it. Many would be happy to wear those cloth and nobody says you do not have to involve the name of your 50% somewhere with yours... .
Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i think the shirts are awesome.. i think i will have to order myself one!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jared, nice designs.

When you're ready to bring these products to a web site (i'm a software architect) or need more design ideas, look up John Hafford at www.jhafford.com. Tell him Jason Ennis sent ya. We can get you a kick a** setup.

Here's some examples of his work:

Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

I am just a regular person.....nothing special.
Haha! Just a world champion... no big deal, right? For sure will pick one up at nitro challenge.

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Hi Jared...........I WANT TO WEAR YOU ON MY CHEST! PLEASE SEND FREE SHIRT TO ME.

OCRC Raceway ATTN: Tebo's biggest fan
15282 Jason Cir.
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
LOL! I want to be Jeremy Felles when I grow up.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desertbird
I thought the same thing, who the hell wants to pay $20 for shirt with a pro racers intitials on it and no product line behind it? Now, if it were endorsing some type of product I can see supporting the product, but to wear a shirt because you think Jared Tebo is the fastest RC racecar driver is flat out gay. No offense Mr. Tebo
i would disagree many people buys products with names onit from motors to hop-up parts why do people buy shirts and hats that have football players names on it so this isn't any different. Jared is a great racer and i have been to races and talked to him like any other person and he has a great personallity. Glad to see him trying to generate another business to support him and his family. Maybe down the road Jared will have hop-up products for kyosho or any other cars.Good luck Jared
Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desertbird
I thought the same thing, who the hell wants to pay $20 for shirt with a pro racers intitials on it and no product line behind it? Now, if it were endorsing some type of product I can see supporting the product, but to wear a shirt because you think Jared Tebo is the fastest RC racecar driver is flat out gay. No offense Mr. Tebo

Why do people spend $40 on a t-shirt that says Ed Hardy on them? WhoTF is Ed Hardy anyway and why are his clothes soo darn expensive? Yes, some people will by the shirts just because Jared is doing them (same reason people buy clothes, or perfume, or whatever by LL Cool J, or Britney Spears or whoever) Some people will get them just because they look cool. I want a shirt that says Hart and Huntington Tattoo on it, do I know them, or have a tattoo from them, nope...and I'll probably never get to go visit one of the shops, but the designs on the shirts look cool so I'll buy one. Its no different in this case.

Who do you have to bust someones balls for trying to make a buck and do something that in the long run could benefit their future. And how can you say "no offense Mr. Tebo" after calling what he is doing "flat out gay"?

I got an idea Jared. Just change what JTP means to "Just for The Pimps" Then the naysayers will be out of luck and wont be allowed to wear your cool designs.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Suspended

I want to make cloths and products that people will like and will want to have them because they like them; not because I can drive a toy car around.
Thanks
Jared Tebo
No offense, but I seriously doubt anyone would know you any better than anyone else on here if you didn't drive toy cars around and make a pretty good living doing it.

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Why do people spend $40 on a t-shirt that says Ed Hardy on them? WhoTF is Ed Hardy anyway and why are his clothes soo darn expensive? Yes, some people will by the shirts just because Jared is doing them (same reason people buy clothes, or perfume, or whatever by LL Cool J, or Britney Spears or whoever) Some people will get them just because they look cool. I want a shirt that says Hart and Huntington Tattoo on it, do I know them, or have a tattoo from them, nope...and I'll probably never get to go visit one of the shops, but the designs on the shirts look cool so I'll buy one. Its no different in this case.

Who do you have to bust someones balls for trying to make a buck and do something that in the long run could benefit their future. And how can you say "no offense Mr. Tebo" after calling what he is doing "flat out gay"?

I got an idea Jared. Just change what JTP means to "Just for The Pimps" Then the naysayers will be out of luck and wont be allowed to wear your cool designs.
While I concur with your basic premise, at the same time your examples are relative to "style" and last I checked the majority of RCers weren't know for their style. I was thinking it would be funny if he marketed labels you could paste on your shirt that said "HI, MY NAME IS - Jared Tebo".
I guess Jared could come out with some cologne that smells like nitro fuel.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing

I didn't call what he was doing gay, just people that would pay $20 for a t-shirt with some pro rc racers initials on it.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Dam! Out come the haters.

I have respect for what Jared is trying to accomplish. I also think that he needs to stay active on RCTECH in terms of answering peoples questions with regards to RC Cars and spreading his knowledge. It is the consumers who make it possible for Pro RC Drivers to even exist in the first place, so he needs to build a relationship with them within the RCTECH community. You can't just come on RCTECH after not ever being seen on here and try to sell your product without having given something to the community you are advertising in. As you have seen already there are sharks in these waters and they will eat you alive.

Start another thread Jared. Call it, Ask Jared Tebo. Stay up on it and show the people what a good and helpful guy you really are.

Imagine how many shirts and hoodies Matt Francis would have sold if he started something like this back in his prime or now for that matter, lol. He would have made a killing just because he had such a huge fan base that came from him being such a great ambassador for the hobby. That guy helped so many people and they loved him for it.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

come on guys! The dude is just trying to sell his stuff not solve the mysterious of our existence. Stop pretending you're all MBA's and buy a shirtNice clothing Tebo - good luck with this crowd.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.