Wiki Posts
Search

Lrp Pulsar Or Reedy Quasar Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Lrp Pulsar Or Reedy Quasar Pro

I NEED INPUT I HAD A QUASAR PRO BUT SOLD IT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LRP PULSAR WORKS PLEASE LEAVE FEED WILL BE USED FROM 1/12 TO OFFROAD MY QUASAR USED TO SHUT OFF WHEN I CHARGED AT 6 AMPS ON 4 CELL NEVER ON 6 CELL
Old 11-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I own and use the Reedy Quasar Pro and fortunately have never had any problems with it. A false peak here or there at most but it also could be a specific battery problem. From what I hear and have seen, the LRP Pulsar Pro is a superb charger as well. If you weren't completely satisfied with your old Reedy Quasar Pro, then definitely go for LRP's Pulsar Pro!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

currently using both....never had problems with eaither one except when the time the quasar pro's PS blew off...anyways that was past and now i'm running both on a separate PS....anyways..i don't race 4 cell so i dunno how LRP would work on 4 cell...and from what i heard you can only charge 4 cell up to 4.8 i may be wrong or the info...

anyways here's some sights on both charger...

quasar can discharge up to 20 amps compare to lrp's 10 amps

quasar should be setup to how many cells and capacity while LRP is fully automatic..just need to adjust to how many amps you wanna charge...

quasar cycle batterys with adjustable wait state between charging/discharging while LRP keeps cycling without letting the packs cool down so it tends to get hot

quasar doesnt run motor while LRP does

quasar has 2 big heat sink..one inside and one is the case it self and it has 2 computer controlled fan...so it's safe to discharge and cycle batteries....while LRP only have one heat sink and one computer controlled fan and i've heard it tends to melt the case when it gets really hot so i never use it to discharge..

quasar has a built in PS while LRP doesnt

and finally i think both are great chargers...so the deciding factor would be to which feature you need most that the charger has (i.e. lrp has motor run in...quasar is one BIG heat sink) and budget wise too