Is there a SET UP profile you need to complete like most ESC's ?
not very familiar with these but i said i would look into it.
Yes there is a calibration/setup function on the ESC , here is the instructions .
The EVX-2 electronic speed control is factory set and should not require
any adjustments. These instructions are provided for your reference.
Transmitter Adjustments for the EVX-2 ESC
Before attempting to program your EVX-2, it is important to make
sure your TQ transmitter is properly adjusted (set back to the factory
defaults). Otherwise, you may not get the best performance from your
The transmitter should be adjusted as follows:
1. Set the throttle neutral switch to the 50/50 setting. This adjusts
the transmitter’s throttle trigger throw to 50% for throttle and
50% for braking and reverse.
2. Set the throttle trim control to the middle “0” setting.
3. Set the Channel 2 servo reversing switch to the left position. Do
not change the position of any of the servo reversing switches
after programming the EVX-2.
4. You are now ready to program your speed control.
Setup Programming (Calibrating your ESC and transmitter)
Read through all of the following programming steps before you
begin. If you get lost during programming or receive unexpected
results, simply unplug the battery, wait a few seconds, plug the battery
back in, and start over.
1. Disconnect each of the motor wires between
the EVX-2 and the motors. This is a precaution
to prevent runaway when the speed control is
turned on before it is programmed.
2. Connect two fully charged battery packs to the
3. Turn on the transmitter (with
the throttle at neutral).
4. Press and hold the EZ-Set
button (A). The LED will first
turn green and then red.
Release the EZ-Set button.
5. When the LED blinks RED ONCE.
Pull the throttle trigger to the
full throttle position and hold it
6. When the LED blinks RED TWICE. Push the
throttle trigger to the full reverse and hold it
7. When the LED turns solid GREEN, programming is
complete. The LED will continuously shine green
indicating the EVX-2 is on and at neutral (D).
To operate the speed control and test the programming, place the
vehicle on a stable block or stand so all of the driven wheels are off the
ground. Reconnect the motor wires. Always make sure that objects and
fingers are clear of the wheels.
1. With the transmitter on, press the EZ-Set button for ˝ second,
until the LED shines GREEN, then immediately release the button.
This turns on the EVX-2. If you press and release too quickly, you
may hear the steering servos jump but the LED may not stay
on. (Note: If the throttle is not at neutral or if the throttle trim
has been altered, the LED will turn off after one second and the
wheels may begin to drive.)
2. Apply forward throttle. The LED will turn off until full throttle
power is reached. At full throttle, the led will shine GREEN.
3. Move the trigger forward to apply the brakes. Note that braking
control is fully proportional. The LED will turn off until full braking
power is reached. At full brakes, the LED will shine GREEN.
4. Return the throttle trigger to neutral. The LED will shine GREEN.
5. Move the throttle trigger forward again to engage reverse
(Profile #1). The LED will turn off. Once full reverse power is
reached, the LED will shine GREEN.
6. To stop, return the throttle trigger to neutral. Note that there is
no programmed delay when changing from reverse to forward.
Use caution to avoid slamming the speed control from reverse
to forward. On high-traction surfaces, this could result in
transmission or driveline damage.
7. To turn the EVX-2 off, press the EZ-Set button until the green LED
Adjusting the Electronic Speed Control
Green then Red