AE B44
HB D4 WCE,
Losi XXX-4 G+ WCE
Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS,
Schumacher Cat SX,
Yokomo MR4-BX,
Tamiya TRF501X,
Team Academy SBV2 Ver2

What is the best of these chassis and why ?

How you feel the chassis?

What is your (+) points :

What is your (-) points :

Thanks

Last edited by Xchange; 01-19-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Most of it is just gonna be personal taste......

With that said I wouldn't trade my HB D4 for anything!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

No mention of the best 4wd ?

Kyosho lazer zx-5 FS.... Holla

Tebo just won the midwest championships yesterday with it.

The lazer zx-5 SP is also a great choice if you like stick lipo's
Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

i trade my AE b44 for a HBD4 WCE... i hope is a good choice

Added the Kyosho zx-5
Old 01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man, I don't know if there is a single "best". I have driven many of those cars and properly setup they pretty much all can feel awesome and fast. Durability, price and availability are another matter but I would be surprised if there was one superior car that was clearly better than the rest.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Yes i understand but, look the Losi XXX4 G+, if you can run one day without break any part, you are pretty lucky!!

Yes the pilot is the most important but, if the chassis dont work, you can be the best driver but finish ever on the end of the list
Old 01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by d16dcoe45
Man, I don't know if there is a single "best". I have driven many of those cars and properly setup they pretty much all can feel awesome and fast. Durability, price and availability are another matter but I would be surprised if there was one superior car that was clearly better than the rest.

Stop lying, tell him to buy a xx-4.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just get a B44, you can get them cheap, they are rockets, and they are also tanks with the known fixes, the only thing I dont like about them which got me back into a XX4 is the point and shoot type of driving required to drive it fast without a one way, the horrible horrible sound they make when they come off a jump of any decent size, and the way they get out of whack when put into the rough bumps.

Dont get me wrong the xx4 is no peace of art work in fact I can come up with far more gripes about it then the B44, and the price of parts to refresh the drivetrain and rid it of slop makes me second guess the choice of bringing the XX4 out of the attic.

A XXX4 can be had rediculously cheap but its for good reason, they break a lot and thats even in the hands of someone decent and get way out of wack when presented with a rut or bump, but thats what you get when you design a off road 4 wheeler from a touring car. Parts are also getting expensive for new plastic. If I were you I would stay away from the XXX4g+.

The new Kyosho zx-5 FS looks awesome and I wouldnt look away from those especially with the amazing shocks that come with.

The Tamiyas are just plain tanks, I have never seen one break but for the cost it better not break. They are way expensive though!

I would take a serious look at the B44 and the D4 they are pretty much the same car, but Parts availability and price makes the B44 look very very attractive. Just wait till you have to change the motor or set the gear mesh
Old 01-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't have a B44, but I have learned you can't go wrong with Team AE, they drive awesome and replacement parts are cheap and easy to find. The Factory Team kits have some very nice bits on them.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'd go with the kyosho. yea i have one so you can say i'm biased (im not. i'd consider a HB D4 if i had the parts support.)......but its a great car and very durable. i've seen plenty of broken Losi's and problematic B44s but the kyosho seems to be one of the best overall despite the lack of blingy CF.
its tough enough for a novice racer. i'm not sure of your skill level though.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

also...if my D8 is any reflection of a D4s durability and driveability i'd definitely be all over a D4!!!
i love my D8...zero problems, zero breakage and awesome handling..
Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd go with something standard that your local track supports. If your track supports parts on multiple 4wd, decide on which style you like best in terms of durability and also the layout of the 4wd.

I've had too many exotic cars that are not supported at 99% of the hobby shops out there, I currently have one car that is still like this, so I'm forced to become my own hobby shop. If you can put up with being your own hobby shop, then your choices will widen.

As much of a "tank" any car is, murphy's law will say that it will still break, at the worse possible time, so that's why parts support at wherever you race should be your number one consideration for any car you end up choosing.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
i'd go with the kyosho. yea i have one so you can say i'm biased (im not. i'd consider a HB D4 if i had the parts support.)......but its a great car and very durable. i've seen plenty of broken Losi's and problematic B44s but the kyosho seems to be one of the best overall despite the lack of blingy CF.
its tough enough for a novice racer. i'm not sure of your skill level though.
You're close enough to Austin to know that there aren't any Kyosho parts in this city. No local shop carries them, most likely due to Kyosho's minimum parts order requirements. Is it better in SA? No one in Austin races Kyosho... (except the team guys.) I don't think you can ever go wrong with Kyosho, but if parts availability is a problem then I would avoid them.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
You're close enough to Austin to know that there aren't any Kyosho parts in this city. No local shop carries them, most likely due to Kyosho's minimum parts order requirements. Is it better in SA? No one in Austin races Kyosho... (except the team guys.)

I think thats bogus.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I think thats bogus.
I don't know for a fact, I've just heard that for a shop to be a true Kyosho dealer they have to stock quite a bit of inventory. If you have actual facts please feel free to state them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.