Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Losi XXCR Kinwald Edition Help Please. >

Team Losi XXCR Kinwald Edition Help Please.

Team Losi XXCR Kinwald Edition Help Please.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Team Losi XXCR Kinwald Edition Help Please.

Hey Guys/Gals,

I was wondering if anyone new if parts were still made for the XXCR buggy? As far as I know, everything is discontinued. And there are quite a few parts needed in order to get this buggy up an running again, mainly the front shock tower, bulkhead, front bearing carriers and so on.

Does anyone know if any of the parts from the XXX are compatable with the XXCR? It would be great to get this thing going again, it was my very first real R/C car as a child. It was and still is one of the best cars I've ever driven. Although it did terrible in crashes, because the front end components would always break. I'd rather not buy another buggy in that class, because the 1/8th scale 8ight-E has my interest.

Would it be worth it hunting down parts for it, or just saving up and upgrading to the Losi 8ight-E brushless?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

I let one of my brothers race my XX last month. I have had no trouble in getting parts for the XX (mine is older than the XXCR even). I bought the white front bulkheads a couple of months ago. You need part #'s to get a hobby shop to even help you get parts. I still have my XX owners manual.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There really isn't much except some hardware that is compatible with the newer cars...

The XX cars and trucks can still be competitive these days... unfortunately some of the parts are no longer available including front bulkheads, chassis top braces and tranny cases... these are the parts that break the most.

The newer cars are lighter and turn better. The older cars being heavier can handle rougher tracks. Speed isn't really an issue if you use newer motors and batteries.

Have fun!

Jerome
Old 02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Call Trackside in Brookfield, Wi. they have some parts for XX, including several transmission cases.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the help guys. I guess I can just JB weld some of the parts that can no longer be purchased just so it can be driven around. The car has a little bit of a sentimental value.

I just recently purchased a Traxxas Slash and love it. Now I want something a little more "racey", so as opposed to buying the new XXXCR- the Losi 8ight-E has my interest.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Mudman, I wouldn't race it much either due to lack of parts, but do keep it running for fun. A couple of ideas: Check out the most excellent Vintage site RC10Talk.com. And I believe the Duratrax Evader buggy is based on the XX, can be a source of parts that either fit or can be massaged some to fit.