Wiki Posts
Search

Maxamps....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losidriver70
Terry M. if i may what ESC/Motor combo do you run and what is the gearing!

Sad this happened i just need a little more info i'll probably order the 6000's and a Hyperion Charger....

I don't think my charger was the problem its an Team Orion Avionics and i plug the balancer in it every time Balance charge that 4000 Maxamp pack....

Its the AB Balancer from Maxamps...
I run 20/84 on the B44 gearing with an LRP 7.5. I run the LRP TC Spec speed control...best ESC ever...IMHO. Also here's one other thing to remember with Lipo's. ALWAYS keep them FULL during the racing season. I only pull 1100-1200 out of my B44 in 5 minutes then I plug it back in and top it off. Lipos will last longer if they stay full.

The worst thing you can do is pull them down to cutoff and bench them without cycling them in the (non-racing season). You'll damage a cell for sure if that happens.

Save yourself some money Losidriver and get 4000's unless you're a backyard basher and just wanna run the snot out of your car...lol. You'll have less weight. Less weight means faster laps!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobbieT
it takes you 5 packs to decide you don't like a company's products?

i am personally getting tired of seeing all the threads where, for the most part, people start and log into to whine about a company usually with irrational rants and complaints.
i have yet to see a company twist anyone's arm to buy their products.
the great thing about America is that we have choices and options, so if you don't like a company's stuff don't buy it.
And who twists your arm and forces you to read the threads?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tread1
And who twists your arm and forces you to read the threads?

And who twists your arm to stalk my posts and make a troll-ish comment to anything I say in every thread?

cute hat dork!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

Terry M. are you running lipo braces? yeah i talked to i believe Clint at Maxamps and he said the 4000's are much better than the previous packs and a higher "C" rating..... I do have bodies that use the 6000 and they've had no problems....
Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I rate the reliability of Max Amps Lipo packs right up there with Venom 1800 Nimh stick packs.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

I've never had any issues with any maxamps battery packs, but I follow their instructions to the letter...
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Toooo pricey for me, I really like Polyquest.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

We abuse a lot of lipo's at work for testing and sometimes just for the fun of it. We spend thousands of dollars on lipos every year. There have never been any issues with us running Max Amps, not saying we havent ruined any....because we have ruined some of pretty much every brand out there at one point or another. They hold up better then some and just as good as others. I personally run them in all my race cars and have never had any issues with them.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

As for the customer service question the original poster had...
In my experience with them, the customer service was very good. I had a problem with 1 of the 4 packs I bought from them.. I called them up. explained what was going on.. they told me to ship it to them. I got a phone call 3 days later (took 3 days to get there by the tracking) and they informed me I had a new pack in the mail that day.
I had emailed and posted in one of their support forums, and had always gotten helpful and friendly replies. I was a regular on their own forums pages for awhile aswell. But have since sold off all of my electric powered toys.. so no lipo's .. no need to go to an anti-nitro forum ... I guess I could go talk about my cordless drill or phone or something...
Old 02-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losidriver70
Terry M. are you running lipo braces? yeah i talked to i believe Clint at Maxamps and he said the 4000's are much better than the previous packs and a higher "C" rating..... I do have bodies that use the 6000 and they've had no problems....
Here's what I did with mine...

I used quality velcro across the bottom of the chassis and put it on the bottom of my packs. That way you can position them "exactly" where you want and it keeps them from moving...period. Then take your stock hold downs and flip them over and use a couple pieces of two-sided tape.

Here's the most important part...make sure you loctite the 4-40 threaded posts into the battery posts and use 4-40 nylon lock nuts and NOT the blue thumbscrews...they'll come loose immediately!

Here's another tip: Ditch the blue wheel "kit" locknuts and get yourself some good 8-32 hardware grade locknuts (2 regular...2 low-profile). Yes the blue one's look cool...but they will also come loose during a race and you'll destroy a wheel. The nylon inserts in them are very very weak.

P.S. I charge the pack when it's in the car also.

Last edited by Terry M; 02-03-2009 at 07:44 AM.