Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New track, need suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RCHR
I'm a current hobbyshop/track owner, have any particular questions?

I suggest your computer/timing/announcing station be right next to your charging tray of house transponders so your race director can immediately see who is taking what and who has not returned theirs ASAP. Racers in a hurry to leave after their race often take home your house transponders.

If you plan on holding large races, try to design your drivers stand to keep the race program flowing smooth by having the entrance on one side and an exit on the other (see crude MS Paint drawing). A drivers stand a few few away from the track and in the shape of a very slight "v" reduces blind spots and drivers views from other people leaning over.
Thanks for the post! I didn't even think of that! Very good idea! I did plan to have the pit lane in front of the stand which puts the drivers back from the track a little. But i didn't think about handouts. I was going to have race director at far end of driver stand, maybe now; closer to stand entrance near edge of pit lane. Needs more thinking.

I was also thinking about a flagman stand. thoughts?