Wiki Posts
Search

Body Shells?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Arrow Body Shells?

Hey.

I recently got a Losi XXX (I think bK2, also I think its Kinwald). And it works great!

BUT! I recieved 2 bodyshells with it. One was self painted, and the other was factory painted.

So I went to my regular race meeting, and took the painted shell. It was a nightmare! After every race more paint was crumbling off the body, and the wing too.

I decided to use the other body the following meeting, which I did. But, its not exactly the most stylish thing you've seen. It very basic.

What I want to know is this; where can i get durable bodies for my buggy, where the paint wont all come off, and they look good, AND they're cheap?

I've been looking all over the internet and can not find any for a losi XXX.

Please respond ASAP

Thanks

MAXBASH.FLRC
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Try Jconcepts, they have a BK2 specific body for $17

To keep the paint from flaking off you'll want to wash and scuff the body with steel wool or 3M pad inside before painting, and make sure you use paint made for polycarbonate (lexan). Check out the paint tips forum too.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxBashFLRC
Hey.

I recently got a Losi XXX (I think bK2, also I think its Kinwald). And it works great!

BUT! I recieved 2 bodyshells with it. One was self painted, and the other was factory painted.

So I went to my regular race meeting, and took the painted shell. It was a nightmare! After every race more paint was crumbling off the body, and the wing too.

I decided to use the other body the following meeting, which I did. But, its not exactly the most stylish thing you've seen. It very basic.

What I want to know is this; where can i get durable bodies for my buggy, where the paint wont all come off, and they look good, AND they're cheap?

I've been looking all over the internet and can not find any for a losi XXX.

Please respond ASAP

Thanks

MAXBASH.FLRC
before you paint it wash the inside out with soap and water then dry really good. my friend experienced what you did because he forgot to wash the body.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RE

Okay thanks