R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Hot Bodies D4 WCE or Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/270801-hot-bodies-d4-wce-kyosho-lazer-zx-5-fs.html)

Kyosho Kid 01-26-2009 07:41 PM

Hot Bodies D4 WCE or Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS

Which one??? I currently have a regular ZX-5 and thought about about upgrading to FS/SP but that would be too costly. Now the FS kit is out. I could get that but then I considered a Hot BOdies D4 because i have a D8 and i love it!!!
Yea the FS is great...Tebo won with it....so? All that proves is it is a winning car in the hands of a winning driver. Thats the Lazers first podium finish at a level like that. So dont say "Tebo won with it!"
I was looking through the D4 thread here on rctech and it looks and sounds pretty good.

Parts support isnt an issue.

Basically im tryin to pick a car for the cactus classic. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Convince me.

Xchange 01-26-2009 08:32 PM

i not run a ZX5 but i run one B44 and i finish just tonight my 4st run with my new HD D4 WCE.

It's just an amazing car! really, i like so much, the car is so smooth on the bump and jump.

I think the problem with the ZX, is stock, all part are in plastic, you need to add more cash to buy other part in carbon like carbon uper deck, carbon shock tower and other)

For me, the D4 is the best compromise

Jason Pelletier 01-26-2009 08:34 PM

FS owns dude.

bender 01-27-2009 12:42 AM

You already have both Kyosho 2 and 4 wd's so from a parts-sharing perspective I'd go with the FS.

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think there'd be a big common parts list between the D4 and the D8?

Kyosho Kid 01-27-2009 02:28 AM

lol granted but the only parts in common are bearings, shocks, turnbuckles, ball cups, wheels, rear hubs, and rear arms. Sounds like a lot but not really.

yzracer758 01-27-2009 09:03 AM

This is a really tough choice and I would probably go with the car that you will be able to get the most support for. They are very similar, so one isn't going to have a big advantage over the other. In my area there are only two of us with D4's, the owner of the hobby shop and I. The only FS I have seen is that of a Factory Kyosho driver.

Jason Pelletier 01-27-2009 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid (Post 5347888)
lol granted but the only parts in common are bearings, shocks, turnbuckles, ball cups, wheels, rear hubs, and rear arms. Sounds like a lot but not really.

Naa......

The turnbuckles and ballcups are different on the FS.

Lazer shocks are not the same. SP shocks are though.

The rear arms on the reg. ZX-5 are not the same as the fs and sp.

The shocktowers are the same thats about it. This is a completely different car.

If you like carbon fiber though and need to have it get the HB. No one i know runs that car but you can be different.

racenut123 01-27-2009 09:18 AM

Go with what you can get parts for locally.Both are very obscure cars in comparison to a B44.All 3 are fast for sure.I like them all for different reasons on the track.B44 super aggressive.The FS is very stable and confidence inspiring.The D4 WCE is the best of both these traits.

Kyosho Kid 01-27-2009 11:29 AM

i dont want a B44. i have no standard tools or screws. plus i dont like it lol.

more opinions!!

Kyosho Kid 01-27-2009 12:17 PM

double post!

Jason Pelletier 01-27-2009 12:19 PM

So which one do you want ?:confused:

Kyosho Kid 01-27-2009 12:25 PM

lol yea i do have an idea which one i want.
...the D4 but i just want opinions on it vs. the FS
like why the FS over the D4?

i do like my lazer and love my RB5 though

J Einstein 01-27-2009 12:38 PM

I have had the B44, the D4, and ZX-5. The D4 has outstanding reliability, tuning is easy, quite resoponsive. Plastic quality is extremely high. Handling is can be smooth to razor sharp. I have zero experience with the FS. Never even seen one in person. Good luck on your choice!

Jason Pelletier 01-27-2009 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid (Post 5349636)

i do like my lazer and love my RB5 though

In that case i would go FS, If you like your rb5 and you like your Lazer zx-5 which the SP and FS are worlds better then you really cant go wrong.

Continuity among your cars is always nice.

You will prolly be happy with either or but always get what you really want. I have bought things i was iffy on and was never really happy.

So if you want a d4 go for it.