R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Codi_P Send a message via MSN to Codi_P Send a message via Yahoo to Codi_P
Default Exotek 18T Setup?

I had a few questions about how to set up my 18T as far as gearing and etc. goes. I run a Wraith 7000KV through a Mamba-25 (Will be replaced as soon as it dies, more likely to a 35A ESC). I am on the verge of converting to LiPo and will be running a 2s2p for a total of 1500mAh and a 3s2p for the same amperage. I planned on running 14/55, figuring that would be a good top end gear set up, and wouldn't give me many traction issues with the setup. And, another thing, are there any advantages to running 2.4GHZ opposed to 75MHZ FM? I am using an Airtronics MX-3S system which I love the feel and control of, but am looking into an M8 w/ an FHSS Module or MX-3FHSS. Are the adjustments on the M8 worthwhile or is tuning my ESC through the castle link software sufficient? Also, for occasional trips to the street, I will be running a slick type tire. Should a spool be placed in the front? I ran a spool in the rear but came across many traction issues, with 14/60 on 6 cells.

And last, would it be worth it to run a small, 100mAh 2s lipo for a fan? They are extremely small, and I could wire it behind the receiver so it is out of the way. I would be using it to cool whichever of my electronics are hottest (in this case, the ESC)

Any input is appreciated.
Blue Tek18 Chassis kit, Airtronics MX-3S radio, MIP CVD's (F/R), MIP Spool (Rear), Titanium Outdrives (front), FT Ti Turnbuckles, Random IB1400 Packs, 1/10th Scale Hex Conversion, Hitec HS-81MG Servo

Wraith 7000KV... EPIC POWER.
Codi_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:58 AM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Wrong Section, you should post this in either the RC18T thread in Micro and Mini Scales section or post it by starting its own thread in that section.
LIVipers is offline   Reply With Quote