Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Brushless conversion kit for the HB Lightning Pro 2 Evo??? >

Brushless conversion kit for the HB Lightning Pro 2 Evo???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless conversion kit for the HB Lightning Pro 2 Evo???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Brushless conversion kit for the HB Lightning Pro 2 Evo???

Well, I started out on 1/10 electric and then moved to 1/8 nitro. Now everything I have is nitro.

But the BL bug is biting and I have a spare buggy I want to convert to see what it's like. Problem is I want the Tekno V3 BL Conversion kit because it is more versatile and it lets you keep your brake servo/brake bias. I was told by some of the local guys that they make the kit for the Hot Bodies Lightning/Pro 2 Evo, but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone knows where I can find the kit or a similar kit that lets you keep the brake servo please let me know (include part numbers if possible).

Any other pointers are also appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I know Novak makes a kit for the Lightning 2 pro evo. Heres what it looks likes: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUAW7&P=7
Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Because the HB Lightning and the HB D8 use the same front and rear diff bulkheads, and substantially the same center diffs, the Tekno V3 D8 kit would be easy to use. The Tekno kit gives you a new chassis plate and center CVDs, and the Lightning front and rear clips will bolt right to it. You may need some mods to the center diff mounts - probably have to use the D8 plastic parts. You'll also need the D8 front and rear plastic chassis braces, and the D8 plastic steering brace. The Lightning fr/rear pinion gears are ground down to a 5mm output shaft size, and I assume the Tekno CVDs were machined to fit these, but you could use D8 pinions or get the pinion output shaft on your Lightning pinions ground down to fit the smaller hole in the Tekno CVD. HB parts are cheap, and you wouldn't need many of them to get a Lightning V3. Have fun!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I've got some work to do. This car will be a test bed to see if I will convert my other cars as well.

Thanks again.