Old 02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Slash or Team associated sc10

Trying to decide on which shortcourse truck to get to race
Old 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can't really say, as the SC10 has yet to come out, the Slash is just a tad bigger, has a ton of interchangeability with other Traxxas models (Nitro Sport, Rustler), the SC10 is slightly smaller. Haven't had my Slash break yet, even in some intense crashes (saw two go head on, one at full speed, another turning around, both were fine), but the ones I see break it is always the front a-arm. Someone managed to snap a rear a-arm last friday, even though he went head on with a wall.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have owned both Associated and Traxxas products and they are both good. Buy what you like and what has the most support at the lhs. You wont go wrong with either truck.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It depends on how much you want to spend. If you are going to use elecrtonics you already have, then get the SC10 since it comes as a kit and it'll ultimatly be cheaper, but if you want to get into it for as little as possible without using stuff you already own, buy the Slash.

The slash will set you back $200 RTR minus batteries and charger.

The SC10 kit will need to be put together, you need to add servo, ESC, motor, batteries, and receiver. For a good quality build for the kit, you're looking at ~$500.

Plus, what class would be running at your local track? If your Slash is a spec class, chances are that you won't be able to run your SC10 with them and will have to step up and run with Stock Buggy/Truck or mod cars, neither of which will be low enough in competition for you to enjoy, just because they will handle better than you.

Like I said, it all depends on your intentions. Personally, in the long run, I think the SC10 will be a better quality truck, but you can't beat the Slash RTR price point and Spec competition.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I don't understand why everyone seems to think the sc10 and Slash won't be racing together. They're meant to be the same type of truck, simply from two manufacturers! That's like saying a 8t 2.0 shouldn't be in the same class as a rc8t rtr. Wrong! What's wrong with putting a 19t brushed motor in your sc10 to race it with the slashes with the stock-as packaged truck components? Unless you're racing for a huge cash payout and the rules are being strictly enforced by ifmar/roar or something, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to not run these two trucks together in the same class.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Another Slash vs SC10 discussion...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Another Slash vs SC10 discussion...
exactly

go here for all ur answers...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...5938-sc10.html
Old 02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Legend

Get the Ae Sc-10

It is design to be Slash proof !
Old 02-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks for the help
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo_race
I don't understand why everyone seems to think the sc10 and Slash won't be racing together. They're meant to be the same type of truck, simply from two manufacturers! That's like saying a 8t 2.0 shouldn't be in the same class as a rc8t rtr. Wrong! What's wrong with putting a 19t brushed motor in your sc10 to race it with the slashes with the stock-as packaged truck components? Unless you're racing for a huge cash payout and the rules are being strictly enforced by ifmar/roar or something, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to not run these two trucks together in the same class.
You can't really mean to say a stock Slash will compete with sc-10 with a 19t! Stock Slash motor is a pooch!! Would never keep up with a 19t.
SC-10 vs. Slash....that's like a T4 vs. a Tamiya Blackfoot. Apples and Oranges
Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
You can't really mean to say a stock Slash will compete with sc-10 with a 19t! Stock Slash motor is a pooch!! Would never keep up with a 19t.
SC-10 vs. Slash....that's like a T4 vs. a Tamiya Blackfoot. Apples and Oranges
exactly
Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo_race
I'm pretty sure they will run together- in a mod or open Short Course truck class.

There is no way to make a low cost spec class that will contain both these vehicles.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brettness37
I'm pretty sure they will run together- in a mod or open Short Course truck class.

There is no way to make a low cost spec class that will contain both these vehicles.
+1.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

first thing I would decide is what do you want to do with the vehicle.

Next, if it is racing, then confirm with the track(s) you plan to attend if the SC10 can run in the slash class, and what limitations you need to adhere too.

After that, pick what you like.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

I was just looking at my latest rc car action magazine on the SC-10 and the article states that the SC-10 can accept the slash wheels and tires and all the bodies are interchangable according to rc car action. I think it looks cool and I can get another body for my slash. so it sounds like they built it to run with the slash. the down side is it comes in a kit and tower will sell it for 194.99 thats a kit. the good news is you can put whatever electronics in you want. Tower will stock it late March. Open class is the way to go with them running together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.