Wiki Posts
Search

Motor for B44

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Unhappy Motor for B44

Hey guys, I just purchased a B44 roller. I now need to find a motor for the sweet roller. I am trying to hit mid level on this buy. I am looking at the LRP A.I. combos, but unsure if they will fit and which model/type to choose. Can anyone help me with this?

I am thinking they will fit fine because they are 1/10 scale, but unsure which model/type to choose. I am currently only interested in LRP A.I. combos because they are in my price range and are suppose to be mid level motor systems. I am looking at the below combos:

LRP Eraser Brushless 15.5T, Ai Brushless Rev Digital ESC Combo - 80581
LRP Eraser Brushless 13.5T, Ai Brushless Rev Digital ESC Combo - 80582
LRP Eraser Brushless 10.5T, Ai Brushless Pro Rev Digital ESC Combo - 80583
LRP Eraser Brushless 9.5T, Ai Brushless Pro Rev Digital ESC Combo - 80584

I MAY consider a Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System (*.*T) or Castle Creations Sidewinder 1/10th Scale Sport Brushless Car Package. This is only if the LRP will not fit OR it is in no comparison to the other 2 systems. I have been told by many B44 owners that the Novak systems will barely fit onto the B44 roller (and this comes from several owners). In the end, if the LPR fits, and the cheapest, I may end up buying it. I am very new to electric, and have no idea what the motor specs/numbers mean...as well as unsure what will fit in the B44. Speak from experience with motors and the B44 please...do not be a big fanboy. I have looked at the dimensions and found the esc on the Novak to be fairly large compared to the others. Price to performance to fit/build is the key factors.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use a Mamba Max 5700kV Combo in my B44. I love it so much I bought another Mamba Max (with a 4600kV motor this time) for my other 4wd buggy, the DF-03MS...

I'd skip the Sidewinder altogether if I were you. It is a solid speed controller but you need to get an extra programming dongle to program it with the latest firmware, even then you need to unplug it from the receiver since it uses that connection to the PC to program it. The Mamba Max goes directly into the PC with just a FTDI USB to USBA cable (included with the Mamba Max).

Just my $0.02
Old 01-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have come to the conclusion to buy a Novak Sport or Spec combo. I have not decided yet, but will be between the Novak Havoc Sport Sensored Brushless System (8.5T) and the Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System (10.5T). Which would you guys recommend?

I also need a pinion gear. This is my first electric and first ground up build, so I have no idea what gear i need to buy at all.

Thanks for the help!