Wiki Posts
Search

loose battery cable

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:17 AM
CDF
Tech Rookie

Default loose battery cable

i just bought a rustler xl-5 and i also bought 2 venom 3000mAh NiMh battery packs...and i just noticed that the positive is already startin to slide out the back of the connector....i'm a newbie to this stuff and wonder if there is a quick fix and if this will be bad to use or still good? it has the high current connector in case you need to know that....

thanks
chris
Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

replace the connector, something like a Deans wont come loose since the conductors are actually molded into the plugs.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
CDF
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by demon510
replace the connector, something like a Deans wont come loose since the conductors are actually molded into the plugs.
i'm guessin they are/have the traxxas high current connector?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CDF
i'm guessin they are/have the traxxas high current connector?
No, you would have to cut the wires and solder them onto their perspective positions on the new plug. The Deans connectors would actually replace the Traxxas connector, so you would have to do it on all of your battery packs and chargers.

Your local hobby shop could always solder on a new traxxas connector or a deans connector. I know my LHS does it for free if you buy a connector from them. Hell I will fix it for you if you live in the Dallas area, it is not a hard fix if you have a soldering iron. I only suggested you replace your connectors because deans connectors are solid and wont give you any issues unless you mess up on the soldering.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 AM
CDF
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by demon510
No, you would have to cut the wires and solder them onto their perspective positions on the new plug. The Deans connectors would actually replace the Traxxas connector, so you would have to do it on all of your battery packs and chargers.

Your local hobby shop could always solder on a new traxxas connector or a deans connector. I know my LHS does it for free if you buy a connector from them. Hell I will fix it for you if you live in the Dallas area, it is not a hard fix if you have a soldering iron. I only suggested you replace your connectors because deans connectors are solid and wont give you any issues unless you mess up on the soldering.
thanks for the offer...but i live in greenville, ohio (50 miles NW of dayton)....so i don't think that would work but i might just have to check into those connectors...thanks for the input!