R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default Can you run a MMM 2200KV combo on 3s safely???

Okay this is the deal. First I am out of funds from the Holidays, just too start so you know why my madness....
I have a crt .5 and a BL 8ight projects in the works.

Original plan was to run my MM and 5700KV on the crt .5 until I was completely done on the 8ight conversion and getting all the parts together=Very Expensive....hopefully worth it.

When I went and installed the MM the esc was overheating with just running around the house for a few min. Called Castle and asked about it they said to send it in for repair. No problem. 4 week turnaround, they recieved Jan 9.

Today I went and picked up my MMM 2200kv combo V3 that was ready at the LHS. Now this is my package for the 8ight. Now all I need is the 4s lipo(racing) and 6s lipo...but as stated before broke and selling stuff off to fund. (oh anyone need a NIB dx2 with rx) lol, just a plug.

Staring at this beatiful motor today I got a wild hair in my ass possibly mount the MMM and 2200KV in the CRT .5. I know not really Ideal but could prove fun nonetheless, plus a bit different.

Now my original question, does a 3s 6000mah maxamps lipo have enough juice and amps to run this combo?? Please LMK so I am sure. Dont want to do any damage.

Paul Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

It should work....geared w/an 18T pinion you should expect to get roughly 33-35 mph. Gearing will be seriously limited due to the can size.
magman123 is offline   Reply With Quote