Wiki Posts
Search

New CORR trucks coming??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default New CORR trucks coming??

With the popularity of the slash does anyone have any inside news on other companies coming out with 1/10 electric CORR trucks? Losi? AE? Maybe a 4wd version from Traxxas? Anything?
Old 01-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I keep having to talk myself out of a slash because I have too many cars as it is, but if there were an AE version, boy it would be hard not to buy..
Old 01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

I want one for sure but I know as soon as I buy one Losi or AE will come out with a new better version...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For racing the Slash is excellent. If the others come out they'll be late to the party. Most Slash racers won't want to modify their trucks as the spec class is probably the most fun you can have with one and it costs very little in upkeep and parts. If you have a track nearby that has Slash racing, do yourself a favor and get one, it's a blast!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Caster Racing has one in the works, it will be 4wd and available in electric and nitro.

www.casterracingusa.com
Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I started a thread about the SC10 but some tards killed it...I would be hard for AE not to have one...you know it would handle, be strong, and have a huge following...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

I think the slash is in a class all to its own, losi has the spec oval cars and I think ae will keep doing what they have been doing. If any of those where to make one, I doubt I will buy it. The slash is supose to keep cost down and simple for beginers, if you want a 4x4 then you are to pretty much a 4wd truck which is a whole nother box of worms. I think the only reason ae and traxxas has a 4wd nitro is that they had the chassis designed already, just add differnt parts.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I would only be interested in an AE, Slash type truck if it were on the exact same level as a Slash to keep it a spec class. Any sweeping changes would ruin the idea of the class.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onefast8
I would only be interested in an AE, Slash type truck if it were on the exact same level as a Slash to keep it a spec class. Any sweeping changes would ruin the idea of the class.
The minute another manufacturer comes into the mix it's not a spec class any more. Ever see spec class motorcycle or auto racing? Everyone has the same chassis and engine, the only thing that can be changed is the setup, there are no other brands. Only in classes like Formula 1 where you have scrutineering evaluating the brands can you have a mixture of manufacturers and keep the playing field level.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

It will only be a matter of time till AE makes one. This class would be a nice money maker for them. The only problem I see in this, is that it will mess the whole spec class that Traxxas has biult up, into a which truck is better war. I just hope AE takes care in respecting the spec class, and comming up with somthing as close to the traxxas slash, without over doing it. Other than that, I don't think traxxas need to worry. They actually made a truck that is durable.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I think if there were to be a few companies to release trucks that were the same app. size(1/9), speed, and cost, there would be a chance for "CORR" trucks to race a class...AE could release a truck with the same electronics as the b4 and t4. I am not familiar with the stock electronics from Losi but it seems that brushless is the wave soon with traxxas releasing the velineon slash...
Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Look at the monster truck class. Traxxas came out with the T Maxx and revolutionized the class none of the other companies made a comparable truck. They made their versions which were all bigger and heavier and were great for the bashers but really couldn't compete with the T Maxx. None of the other companies have ever followed what Traxxas does. They do their version such as the SC8 from AE. Not made to compete with the Slash but their own idea. Losi has their Desert Truck which is a redone 1/10 truck. More companies will try to match the SC8 than will ever try to match the Slash.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Bummer. I understand the point of the spec class from Traxxas and the low cost associated with it but for guys like me who just bash and backyard race it would be nice to have options.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
The minute another manufacturer comes into the mix it's not a spec class any more. Ever see spec class motorcycle or auto racing? Everyone has the same chassis and engine, the only thing that can be changed is the setup, there are no other brands. Only in classes like Formula 1 where you have scrutineering evaluating the brands can you have a mixture of manufacturers and keep the playing field level.
The real corr trucks run different brands of chassis, motors, transmissions, shocks, etc.
As long as the dimensions are within the rules for each class you can run whatever brand you like.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

I think it would be a good idea for other manufactures to join in but make a different class so not to step on what Traxxas has done, say a 4WD spec. If ae were to dive in with somthing and as long as it doesn't cost big $ to get into I'm in.

Last edited by RC nut; 01-13-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.