Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Cactus Classic 2009!!! >

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default crap disturbers

does anyone else find it funny that people like easy turbo sit there and bitch about x-factory posting nearly live results from cactus when he is there and has full access to the results right on the shop wall.thanks to crap disturbers like him this thread becomes a forum for him to show some internet courage. i was there and i appreciate Chazz posting results...nobody else was posting so whats your beef?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott54
Good point. You're right about that. It just makes me sick to see these things happen... especially when people who haven't watched the video try to stick up for them. But you're right, I'm done with it.
ive got something for you.............were in the A with them????????? or are just a fast guy that forum races??????????? matt would never do anything like that on purpose EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it sounds like to me you know it all and your in the A main on this forum why does it make you sick to see a little car accidentally run into 2 other toy cars?????? sounds like to me that you need something else to take your mind off the race so you dont get sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

are there any full results posted anywhere?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It looks like this whole thing has cleared up before I had a chance to respond.

Matt Chambers is one of the classiest racers I have raced with. I have had the honor of racing with Matt weekly over the last few years, and I have never seen him intentionally take out anyone. He's a great ambassador for
rc; and helps out everyone who asks at our track. I can't say that about other factory sponsored racers I have raced with. I have to take his word on this, and everyone else should as well.

Sorry I had to bring up the issue again; hopefully it will be put to rest.

[QUOTE=M Chambers;5558710]I thought I should post something after all the people slandering my name.

In the truck modified A2 main I had an issue with my sensor wire. The marshal grabbed my truck and when the throttle came back he threw the truck back down on the track. You all can make of it what you want from the video. When my truck was thrown down I saw the leaders coming up fast behind me and my reaction was to get out of the way as fast as I could. I IN NO WAY intended to affect the outcome of the race and this was a complete accident. Anyone who knows me or my character would know that I race clean and give respect to the leaders. As I got off the drivers stand EVERYONE said to me that it was not my fault. What they could see that you cannot see on the video is that I was trying my best to get out of the way. That is it. I had no interest in affecting the outcome of the race.

Even Maifield came up and appologized to me for the whole thing as his team informed him that the marshall threw me down at the wrong time and I was just trying to get out of the way. Fortunately, Maifield went on to win the A3 main and secured the #1 spot.

Please don't post negative things about people because *you think you know what happened from watching a video*[/QUO
Old 03-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It's sad that I have to do this but maybe we can all help each other out this way. If I am missing something here someone please help me understand.

Pic #1- He is clearly sitting on the edge of the track out of the racing line.
Pic #2- He has accelerated hard out into the racing line.
Pic #3- He is sitting one top of Maifield.

Now my point was had he stayed by the marshall in pic #1 until the leaders passed by nothing would have happened. How is this not his fault? Again, not saying it was intentional but just a heat of the moment mistake that I'm sure he regrets. I'm just tired of everyone not owning anything.
Attached Thumbnails Cactus Classic 2009!!!-1.jpg   Cactus Classic 2009!!!-2.jpg   Cactus Classic 2009!!!-3.jpg  
Old 03-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I really can not see the point in arguing over the fault. The most important things are simple, the overall results were not affected, Matt said he has talked to Ryan. and really that is all that matters. that the 2 involved are cool with what happened.

He came on here said what happened, said Ryan and him talked. Yet the conversation is still going on here about who is at fault. The best drivers in the world have accidents or mistakes. it is easy to sit here now and say what if. but at that moment you have a split second to make a decision. You do not have the option to play the video over and over and pause it for further studying.

One other thing, in pic#1 to me it looks like he is still holding the truck, it was not like it was sitting there waiting, From what I have seen on the video "playing it over and over".>LOL is right before the leaders get to the guys head that is cornering down beside the drop off is when the truck was put down it was so close that the leader was almost even with the guys head.
In pic#2 the leader is a little to the right of the guys head with 2nd a little behind. Im only saying this because in pic # 1 the leaders are a ways away making it look like matt had a few seconds to decide what to do, when in reality they were within a few feet of him at the time he was thrown down.
Which is making my point that at the moment you only have a split second to decide what to do.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

If it was a mistake on my part I can handle that... the point I made earlier was that it was not intentional. I reacted and tried to get out of the way. If you want to make this some JFK conspiracy theory go ahead. In no way would it benefit myself or my teammates for me to intentionally take out a leader so why would I do that? Besides that, Ryan is a friend who I have a lot of respect for.

I have said what I need to say in my defense... Keep this going if you like. Even Maifield himself doesn't care anymore so WHY DO YOU?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M Chambers
If you want to make this some JFK conspiracy theory go ahead. In no way would it benefit myself or my teammates for me to intentionally take out a leader so why would I do that? Besides that, Ryan is a friend who I have a lot of respect for.
That's my theory , there was second turn Marshall, behind the fence on the grassy Noll with a Frequency generator.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

If it was a mistake on my part I can handle that... the point I made earlier was that it was not intentional. I reacted and tried to get out of the way. If you want to make this some JFK conspiracy theory go ahead. In no way would it benefit myself or my teammates for me to intentionally take out a leader so why would I do that? Besides that, Ryan is a friend who I have a lot of respect for.

I have said what I need to say in my defense... Keep this going if you like. Even Maifield himself doesn't care anymore so WHY DO YOU?
Exactly, I'm not trying to make you out to be a bad guy but everyone keeps jumping down anyones throat that says you made a mistake. An honest mistake that I am sure you are sorry about but still. I just am tired of people jumping on me telling me you didn't do anything wrong. I really don't have any issue with you Matt and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was slamming you. Someone asked right away if you had done it intentionally and a few of us said not intentional but just a bad reaction at the time. Then a bunch of people started saying you didn't do anything wrong and it was the turn marshal's fault. Well it just escalated from there. Anyway, good job making the A. That's not an easy task with that crowd.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I thought I should post something after all the people slandering my name.

In the truck modified A2 main I had an issue with my sensor wire. The marshal grabbed my truck and when the throttle came back he threw the truck back down on the track. You all can make of it what you want from the video. When my truck was thrown down I saw the leaders coming up fast behind me and my reaction was to get out of the way as fast as I could. I IN NO WAY intended to affect the outcome of the race and this was a complete accident. Anyone who knows me or my character would know that I race clean and give respect to the leaders. As I got off the drivers stand EVERYONE said to me that it was not my fault. What they could see that you cannot see on the video is that I was trying my best to get out of the way. That is it. I had no interest in affecting the outcome of the race.

Even Maifield came up and appologized to me for the whole thing as his team informed him that the marshall threw me down at the wrong time and I was just trying to get out of the way. Fortunately, Maifield went on to win the A3 main and secured the #1 spot.

Please don't post negative things about people because *you think you know what happened from watching a video*
Way to go Matt and set things straight! Those of us in Kansas know you and your integrity and can let everybody else know that You are a class act and should repect that!

Keep on keepin on!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

JFK conspiracy?? more like a KFC conspiracy....

Don't worry Matt, as long as you and Mayfield are cool and cleared things up, who cares what anyone else thinks. Just to make into the mains, is proof enough that you're a clean driver, dirty drivers don't get too far in this sport.....
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swen
I just am tired of people jumping on me telling me you didn't do anything wrong.
everyone understands your point, let it go
Old 03-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

The triple a-main format worked just as intended, so why is there such controversy?

Although I didn't like the track layout much, the whole program went great, great job SRS and staff!

Congradulations to the winners!

And thanks to the sponsors of the event.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
everyone understands your point, let it go
+1................................................ ............................................
Old 03-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swen
Exactly, I'm not trying to make you out to be a bad guy but everyone keeps jumping down anyones throat that says you made a mistake. An honest mistake that I am sure you are sorry about but still. I just am tired of people jumping on me telling me you didn't do anything wrong. I really don't have any issue with you Matt and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was slamming you. Someone asked right away if you had done it intentionally and a few of us said not intentional but just a bad reaction at the time. Then a bunch of people started saying you didn't do anything wrong and it was the turn marshal's fault. Well it just escalated from there. Anyway, good job making the A. That's not an easy task with that crowd.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5556832-post240.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.