Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Cactus Classic 2009!!! >

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I cant find any videos of the mains. I tried youtube but no luck. Can someone put a link to all of the mains.?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hemi4me
I was there, I do not think it was the racers fault...

I am not saying anyone did anything on purpose marshaling BUT it was not pretty thats for sure.
Just so you know you don't have to be there when the even is shown on a video and it clearly shows what happend. And marshall didn't do anything wrong, and he even put the car down right next to his feet which was way on the high side (if he didn't crash then that is where most people would let the leaders go by)

Originally Posted by Swen
The marshall doesn't control the throttle on the car guys.
I have agree with you, the marshall didn't cause the crash, as all that was need was to wait for the leaders to go by and all would have been fine. But instead he caused a crash. However RM was still in the lead after that crash, and lost the lead in the turn when he went wide and landed on Cav, but what sealed the deal was when he crashed over the table top turn on his own.

Originally Posted by Stefan Millay
I cant find any videos of the mains. I tried youtube but no luck. Can someone put a link to all of the mains.?
Sure you can find A1 and A2 here http://blogs-rccaraction.com/playlis...CactusClassic/ A1 is on page 5, and A2 is on page 3

BTW
Here is the vid of the mod truck A2, it is at about the 5 min mark on the vid as when that even took place.
http://blogs-rccaraction.com/media/2...ed_Truck_Main/
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
Better question is why did the marshall put him down right in front of the leaders

Watch the video....he didnt
Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Watch the video....he didnt

Looks to me like he did. Its like hes like hmm leaders coming let me put the truck down now. Granted Matt didnt do the best thing by doing wheelie but still.

Maifield needs to learn to control his emotions better. I understand its high pressure but sheesh.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Marshal did his job,not his problem.Driver was at fault clearly and clearly he either didn't want to go a lap{s} down or he is galactically stupid!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Marshal did his job,not his problem.Driver was at fault clearly and clearly he either didn't want to go a lap{s} down or he is galactically stupid!
Its possible something happened to the truck, I was trying to get a sense of how it happened.......if you watch the video he gets on the straight when they were entering the first set of doubles at the far end before the cut backs. But by the time they actually get to him the marshal was just putting his truck down. It seemed like it was a long time and that he should have cleared that part of the track already. Not sure what the holdup was.

After the incident it looked like something was wrong with it, whether it was him or an actual issue remains to be seen.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by K_King
Looks to me like he did. Its like hes like hmm leaders coming let me put the truck down now. Granted Matt didnt do the best thing by doing wheelie but still.

Maifield needs to learn to control his emotions better. I understand its high pressure but sheesh.
Matt did everything right, he punched it to not be a brick in the road, he was just A: Set down right before Mayfeild came through, and B: In a fast flowing section, but also in a section which is very hard to start in without popping a wheelie.

Besides and Losi, AE, and Kyosho differences these guys really have more class than to pull a bs move on anything short of the worlds
Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default vid

Some video for you guy's, I will post more when it is done uploading

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0KT5OdxgI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7BfAIiAuk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Zn-ErmelA
Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Matt was having problems with the bind and it caused him to jump out like that. No fault of the marshall or Chambers. Matt cant control when a "runaway" happens.....
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie

I have never laughed so hard when watching an RC race vid.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Elam
I did not see the video but find it very hard to believe that Chambers would do it on purpose. I have known him and raced with him for years. All the CO guys come to our race every year here in KS and I have never seen them pull anything shady. From the time they were struggling to make the main till now where they are the one's to beat. Just my opinion but all the CO guys are good clean racers.
+1 to that mike!
Matt has more class than to do sumthin like that! Just ask around....
Old 03-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyPenguin
Matt did everything right, he punched it to not be a brick in the road, he was just A: Set down right before Mayfeild came through, and B: In a fast flowing section, but also in a section which is very hard to start in without popping a wheelie.

Besides and Losi, AE, and Kyosho differences these guys really have more class than to pull a bs move on anything short of the worlds
Did you watch the same video? "he punched it to not be a brick in the road"... he was set down by the marshall and he had enough room to wheelie about 4 feet before he made contact with the leaders. And if it's that hard to start without popping a wheelie, why did he squeeze so hard? That looked deliberate. And I don't buy the binding issues, but it's possible. If that was the case, the marshall shouldn't have set him down if the car was going nuts... and the marshall was holding it for a while. And Mayfield did not come out ahead after that.

And as for these guys having more class.... yeah, some of them do. But I've seen some of the cheapest moves from a lot of racers at that level.

Last edited by scott54; 03-17-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7BfAIiAuk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Zn-ErmelA

Thanks for the videos Marcus
that was a good race for Team AE
Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

the 2 ryans and tebo are heads and shoulders superior to everyone else in the field.

I cannot see any of these trio getting beat at the worlds.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott54
Did you watch the same video? "he punched it to not be a brick in the road"... he was set down by the marshall and he had enough room to wheelie about 4 feet before he made contact with the leaders. And if it's that hard to start without popping a wheelie, why did he squeeze so hard? That looked deliberate. And I don't buy the binding issues. If that was the case, the marshall wouldn't have set him down if the car was going nuts... and the marshall was holding it for a while. And Mayfield did not come out ahead after that.

And as for these guys having more class.... yeah, some of them do. But I've seen some of the cheapest moves from a lot of racers at that level.
That’s great and all, but what is your intent of counting on and on about it. It happened, its over. People that have been around Matt know better then to think it happened on purpose. Think what you want, but there is no point on harping about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.