Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

+1 on Videos and Pics L8
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Cactus One of Many

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
Hi everyone,

I've been receiving a ton of emails and PM's asking if LiveRC was going to be at this years Cactus Classic because there were some rumors floating around about this. As of today, the official word is that we will NOT be broadcasting this race. I will still be at the event racing and taking pictures though.

We will not be broadcasting this event because the event promoters are requiring us to pay a large fee for the rights to broadcast the race. Unfortunately, this is not something in our budget. LiveRC is designed to operate at as low of a cost to each user as possible and to help promote the hobby and make it grow. The $30/year fee we charge does not leave room for us to pay rights to cover each race. The industry is not that big yet. At most of the races we attend, the event promoters even help pay our travel or pay a fee to have us there. I have tried making compromises and special arrangements with the event promoters to give them extra advertising opportunities on LiveRC for their event sponsors, and even offering to broadcast the race at absolutely no cost to them, but I have had no luck doing this and I am out of options at this point. I sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the live coverage of this event, but I will still do my best to post up to date news and pictures from the race on our website.

We will still be covering all of the races posted on our calendar as scheduled, and the next event will be the Silver State Nitro Challenge the first week in April. See you then!
The entire time I was thinking the Cactus didn't want to pay for coverage... Interesting. Well the one thing to keep in mind is the fact that there are many big name races, and only one RcLive.com, so my guess is that other races will become the new main stays. My father always said, "you can't put the cart before the horse."

The characters in this hobby sure keep it interesting.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by uncle everett
The entire time I was thinking the Cactus didn't want to pay for coverage... Interesting. Well the one thing to keep in mind is the fact that there are many big name races, and only one RcLive.com, so my guess is that other races will become the new main stays. My father always said, "you can't put the cart before the horse."

The characters in this hobby sure keep it interesting.
That is a real shame right there. Brandon is super nice and really tries to promote the hobby!

The thing that cracks me up is that some of these "characters" want the hobby to grow but they are the ones that keep holding it back. It is a real shame until some people grow up you will keep seeing paintball and spelling bee's on TV before you see a R/C race...
Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

WORD.....+1 Grow up people...
Old 03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Alright, enough of the "why LIVERC isnt broadcasting" crap........

lets get some updates / pictures who looks fast? any breakage off the "step-down" yet? any new cars/parts seen? get us some news someone!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Alright, enough of the "why LIVERC isnt broadcasting" crap........

lets get some updates / pictures who looks fast? any breakage off the "step-down" yet? any new cars/parts seen? get us some news someone!
I went Tues... Saw the Kyosho Truck, nothing new there I guess tho...

Drivers were saying MAY for release due to "bugs"
Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by scott54
Thank you to all who are posting pics and videos!

Is it just me, or does this layout make the track seem way bigger than before? It looks like it flows a lot better than last years.
Last yr's layout was by design a speed course. This yr's layout is more technical and much slower, you cannot win this yr by pining it and doing the quad.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Last yr's layout was by design a speed course. This yr's layout is more technical and much slower, you cannot win this yr by pining it and doing the quad.
This is true but do you think we'll see the close intense racing we saw last year or will it just be stay on all 4 to win watching them circulate?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Last yr's layout was by design a speed course.

oh really?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I know that all the JConcepts guys are running Bar Codes and not BK Bars...

Maifield
Martin
Bradby
Root
Hartson
Due
Denney
Griffin
Lake
Jarosz
Brown

Old 03-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you know others things ? little stuff about the event ?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We at B-FAST R/C Performance want to wish any of our customers who are racing at the Cactus Classic this weekend good luck.

Last edited by B-FAST R/C; 03-12-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Paul,thanks for the pics,and keep the updates coming..
Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Well being that you're from Phoenix, you obviously have a better view than I do. But last year's layout seemed like everyone had to drive a little more "reserved" to not wreck because there were so many sketchy areas... and the jumps had to be timed just right to carry the speed around the corners. The only sketchy part of this track looks to be the "step-down".... if you want to call it that! Last year's track may have been faster, but this looks like it flows better.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B-FAST R/C
We at B-FAST R/C Performance want to wish any of our customers who are racing at the Cactus Classic this weekend good luck.

Kick their asses Brian!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.