Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Easy Turbo
Nascar? Why would somebody care about that?

Only the hundreds of thousands that go to each race which is larger than any other venue..........
Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's frustrating not being able to watch the race live from a remote location when the technology and know-how exists to do so. That is a fact.

Thanks to the Sinclairs and Marcus for their coverage of the event. I'm glad they haven't been kicked off the property or asked to pay for the right to provide coverage.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Not everybody can afford to go to Arizona and race in the Cactus classic
I have a friend who is always beating us here and he said he could not go I told him I would pay for him and he can pay me when he can unfortunately I could not get off work too
There would be 350 racers there now and 3000 should be watching so saying you should be there and not complaining is not fair
Liverc has done a good job in our underexposed hobby and we should support it
Bec it is the only website I know that can cover a big race and give you a DVD of that race if you bought one
It is just sad that we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars as a collective group in our hobby and we cant even watch the best electric racers this year
that is why I am saying we have to change
If cactus is not going to show it this year or next year let us make a bigger race where people who can not go at least watch in the net how the races are
I will try to be in the cactus and the IIC next year but if this problem will not be solved I am going to hotrod hobbies for offroad where they also have competative races where my kids can see my car running with the best in the world, even if I suck at racing
still venting guys no offense intended

thanks again paul sinclair for giving us updates, we do appreciate it
Old 03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Legend

I`m enjoying the footage we have thus far ....

Who need`s RClive ?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Who need`s RClive ?
The whole industry does.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
The whole industry does.
I do agree
I dont know Brandon and dont know anyone in Liverc but this is where I watched the nitro national buggy offroad where Truhe won this is where I watched the worlds(with alot of problems thou) last year and got a DVD from them
I watch the local races when they race too just to see how the competition is
I dont really know what happened but all I know is we dont have coverage of the cactus classic this year
there is no place in our hobby for this
we are not politicians
we are not all rich where we can spend alot of money in our beloved hobby
it just gives me a sick feeling when something happens that we cant enjoy watching our idols and friends racing in a world class event
still venting...coors anyone
can the organizers have at least a video cam and video the event and post it in youtube
this is advertising and people will know about this event not just us talking over here
my friend is elkewbenz and he went 2 yrs ago and last year, he has all the videos of the mains of the mods in youtube and I enjoyed watching it
but this year he couldnt go and also I so I want coverage that will show us the racing
paul sinclair has done well but I think we need more
still venting guys ..... while cleaning all my rcs
Old 03-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

I do know Brandon. I've never seen someone as busy at a race as him. In between running the LiveRC stuff, he has to spend a lot of time fixing his cars because he's not the greatest driver nor the best mechanic.

The point is that he would be busy at a race without the LiveRC stuff to do. The fact that he has the drive and energy to do it is a rare thing. We're all lucky that he's taken it upon himself to have the idea for the system, do the work to build it, and go to these premier races to run it. He brought something new to our world for all of us to enjoy and we appreciate those efforts. The fact that people are unhappy that LiveRC is not at this race shows that his system has value.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Brandon I should have free Liverc the whole year for what Im saying
Kidding aside I will stick my neck out for him and defend him
Because he is the only company and website that would stick his neck out and give us good quality race coverage
RClive is also good but will show it in Europe after a few months not live like Liverc
Im all vented out
good luck to Tebo in his new Kyosho ride
Thanks to Masami for all the good years he was champion
and to the fast americans, Maifield, Cavelarie and Truhe and the other new guys
Bring home the trophy guys
Old 03-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Hear Say

How many of you guys actually know what happened between SRS and Live RC?

I think that without facts we are all engaging in a witch hunt. I am waiting for the official story from one of the parties involved before passing judgement.

It is an inconvenience that we do not have the luxury of live action, but I think a little discretion is needed before making comments and passing judgement about something you know nothing about other that what you read here.

We all know what is posted here is sometimes more BS than fact.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Congrats to Cactus Modified TQ's Jared Tebo (4wd) and Ryan Maifield (2wd and Truck)!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
How many of you guys actually know what happened between SRS and Live RC?

I think that without facts we are all engaging in a witch hunt. I am waiting for the official story from one of the parties involved before passing judgement.

It is an inconvenience that we do not have the luxury of live action, but I think a little discretion is needed before making comments and passing judgement about something you know nothing about other that what you read here.

We all know what is posted here is sometimes more BS than fact.
From Brandon himself- Keoni asked for a broadcast rights fee, Brandon said he couldn't afford that and decided not to do the race. He still planned on going to the race. I believe this post is on one of the first pages in this thread. After Brandon posted that he wouldn't be hosting the event on LiveRC alot of people contacted Keoni about it and some agreement was made so Brandon pulled his 30' trailer to Phoenix from Wisconsin. When Brandon arrived Keoni yelled at him and told him that his(Brandon's) post about not broadcasting the race hurt the race and he made Brandon leave the property. Not only can't he broadcast the race but he can't race either. So now Brandon drove out there, 1900 miles each way at 8mpg, for nothing.

In my eyes Brandon has been nothing but truthfull and if Keoni doesn't like the truth about himself he has ALL the power to change it.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swen
From Brandon himself- Keoni asked for a broadcast rights fee, Brandon said he couldn't afford that and decided not to do the race. He still planned on going to the race. I believe this post is on one of the first pages in this thread. After Brandon posted that he wouldn't be hosting the event on LiveRC alot of people contacted Keoni about it and some agreement was made so Brandon pulled his 30' trailer to Phoenix from Wisconsin. When Brandon arrived Keoni yelled at him and told him that his(Brandon's) post about not broadcasting the race hurt the race and he made Brandon leave the property. Not only can't he broadcast the race but he can't race either. So now Brandon drove out there, 1900 miles each way at 8mpg, for nothing.

In my eyes Brandon has been nothing but truthfull and if Keoni doesn't like the truth about himself he has ALL the power to change it.
And kenoi didn’t exactly ask Brandon to leave nicely either… threatening his life if he didn’t leave… very professional
Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLE C B4
And kenoi didn’t exactly ask Brandon to leave nicely either… threatening his life if he didn’t leave… very professional
You appear to have several facts mixed up on this one, get your facts straight before talking smack about either party.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyPenguin
You appear to have several facts mixed up on this one, get your facts straight before talking smack about either party.
Here is what I was told...
Brandon was not going to do the broadcast because the cactus organizers wanted him to pay them a large fee for the rights to broadcast. Then they told Brandon that he could do a broadcast and to come down and they would work out the details when he got there. Rohde got there and was told to leave the property, Kenoi was threatening Brandon and that’s when rohde called the police.

I am sorry I am not trying to bash anyone, I just don’t see why the cactus organizers wouldn’t want there race to be broadcasted, worldwide on liverc.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have no idea home much $ is to be made by the race organizer for this event, but I'd guess it is a pretty good sum with how popular this race has been for so many years. I would also guess that there is as much or more to be made from sponsorship. If I was sponsoring this event I'd feel that my dollars were wasted due to the organizer not being able to work something out to have the race broadcast. As important as the race is it's even more important to a sponsor to have it broadcast to 1000s or 10,000s more viewers. The organizer may find it more difficult next year to get sponsorship $ for his event.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.