Old 10-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Evader BX Owner

Owner of Duratrax Evader BX Please share your experience, Setup Tips. etc. here

Thanks Good Luck Every Body!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hiya,

I'm still very much a newbie myself prettymuch, but a few things I can suggest straight off the bat that I've learnt from my Evader BX.

First.. get rid of those stock rear tires.. they're WAY too hard for most tracks. Get a set of proline 2.2 holeshot M2 or M3's and you'll find it'll help a lot.

Second.. switch all your plugs over to deans plugs - if you haven't already.

Thirdly.. make sure your buggy's suspension is set up right. Ideally you should have it rest so that the struts and turnbuckles are horizontal after giving it a downward push and letting it spring back.

Fourth.. get that battery back a bit - it'll help stabilise your buggy a bit over jumps and in turns. I pulled the foam out, chopped a bit off the end and made it inline with the back of the ESC.

I've also changed over my motor to a Monster Stock Pro - which means I can compete at the local track in the stock class. I've also since picked up some 30wt Shock Oil and found this works well.

There's a few evader websites out there you can check out -
http://members.cox.net/sdracing/index.html Racer9 has some good tips on his, http://www.geocities.com/jep_rc/home.html Jep-RC has some nice strong replacement bits for the evader BX on his.
http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/g-pit-lane.asp Mis-behavin also has some useful tips under General Info.

The evader is a cool little buggy. It's fun to drive and does pretty well for itself I reckon.

I've just ordered the rear sway bar kit and carbide thrust/diff balls for mine, along with a few other bits and pieces and will see how they go. Also just bought myself a nice new radio (JR XS-3) but haven't given it a full workout on the track yet.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Radix:

Thanks for that very usefull tips, I've also noticed that rear tire is not good and I'm planning to replace it.

30 wt oil for front and rear shocks? co'z I'm planning to change the oil too.

Since you replace the motor , are you still using the stock esc? (sprint esc) co's I think its good because of its big heat sink but the problem is it doesen't have reverse lockout.

Thanks again and hope to hear more from you and to others who owned this little buggy.

Gud Luck Bro!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Yah.. I'm still using the stock sprint esc - works fine with stock motors which is all I plan on using for the moment.
Sure, it doesn't have reverse lockout, but then I'm not competing professionally anyway - just after some fun

I'm using 30wt in all of the shocks in my buggy atm. I have some 50wt too, and might try using 50wt in the front and 30 in the rear or something like that (similar to what the Racer9 guy uses) and see how it goes.

I'm still figuring out the best setup myself atm of course

Let me know what tweaks you do work and don't work.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks again, right now I'm thinking where I can get compatible option parts especially the sway bars and other parts that can easily damage upon running co'z duratrax parts are not easy to find here in the philippines.

All I have to do now is to make some changes and adjusments to my buggy as what you've told me. And also the site you gave me helps a lot and I saw the set-up of Racer9 Pretty cool buggy.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I know how it is to get parts. Apparently a few of the Losi XX or XXT parts work well - rims, tyres, bumper and even shock tower supposedly - but you'd want to check yourself to be sure.

None of the local hobby shops here in Perth, Australia seem to stock much in the way of Dutatrax parts, _despite_ having a Duratrax distributor located here. From what I've heard the distributor will only sell stuff in bulk to the local r/c shops - which makes it real hard to get single parts here and there.
And those shops that do have the occasional Duratrax part have such an incredibly high markup that it's just not worth it.

So I end up doing orders through to TowerHobbies directly - as long as you order a number of parts in one hit to make the shipping cost worthwhile it works out pretty good. And delivery time from the USA to Perth Australia is about a week from when I order it.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Hiya.. thought I'd let you know that I'm keeping a blog of my fun with the evader at http://juga.org/evader/

On that site you'll be able to see my current setup, gearing, what stuff i'm doing, and the latest pics of my buggy (including my new paint job!) - so fellow evader bx owners might find it interesting!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alot of parts from the xx-t's fit the Evader st. I think it would be the same with the xx to evader bx. Even arms are interchangable.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Gped0124: thanks man for that tips now I know I have an alternative parts incase I brake up some parts