Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New and considering T4 >

New and considering T4

New and considering T4

Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? New and considering T4

I'm just entering the RC world and haven't purchased anything yet.

I'm thinking about getting a used T4. Would this be a good starter?

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you plan on racing yes. If you plan on bashing no. The RC10T4 is not that durable by bashing standards. The parts are so cheap though that you could get away with it but I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to get into racing the 2WD truck class is a good place to start. Check with your local track to make sure they have the right classes for them. For even more fun beginner (and advanced) racing I recommend the Traxxas Slash. I have so much fun with mine, and heaps of people race them at minimal cost.

I bought a used T4 as my first race truck, I put a Castle Creations Sidewinder w/ 5700kV motor. Now I'm already upgrading to a Factory Team T4 w/ a Mamba / 5700kV setup. Definitely run the T4 with Lipo/Brushless and you'll have more power than you'll ever be able to use.

This 166+ page thread should answer every T4/B4 question you could ever ask! http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-t4-forum.html
Old 01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

T4 is a great truck to get started in racing with...you can even convert it to a buggy if you want, using the JConcepts J82 kit. It's a bit too delicate for just "screwing around" though - you will break parts if you just want to bash with it. If you want to bash AND race, I'd get a Slash.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by otbeave
I'm just entering the RC world and haven't purchased anything yet.

I'm thinking about getting a used T4. Would this be a good starter?

Thanks for any help.
It just depends on what you want to do, but the t4 is a great truck and has a long history, I have one and love it but I only race, I have some friends who have them and all they do is bash them and don't have to much problem with breaking parts but they put alot of rpm parts on them, the slash is fun but not near as fast as a t4 but much cheaper, I have one of them as well, just depends on how much you want to spend, I think it would be a good starter to answer your question. good luck.