Wiki Posts
Search

tekin RS question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon A
It's [email protected]. I'm sure he'll have a good answer for you.
thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are you guys talking about firmware versions for the esc or software versions for the hotwire? If firmware, how do i find out what version esc i have? Also, is the version 189 available to the public yet?

Secondly, what is the best setup for a redline 5.5 and the rs pro? Inside track, med size, 4wd buggy,

Thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The 5.5 is a huge motor for wheeler. Try this setup:

DB 30
BS 90
NW 10
TP 3
Dual Mode
50 on the timing bar

I can help with gearing if I knew the car.

189 is a beta version. To find out what software is in your esc you need to plug it into a Hotwire and look under "current version."

Anyone looking for the 189 software can email me for it. I ask to know where you live/race so I can point you towards any team drivers in your area.

[email protected]
Old 01-16-2009, 10:04 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blacksheep
Are you guys talking about firmware versions for the esc or software versions for the hotwire? If firmware, how do i find out what version esc i have? Also, is the version 189 available to the public yet?

Secondly, what is the best setup for a redline 5.5 and the rs pro? Inside track, med size, 4wd buggy,

Thanks
You can see the RS setup I'm running in 4wd with a 5.5 at http://sites.google.com/site/jmoberl...ekin-rs-setups
It says 4.5 but I'm running the same setup with 5.5.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Randy,

I was going to send this question to you in an e-mail after I (hopefully) get the 189 software from you. However, I decided that I might as well post the question instead so it may help some others get started too.

My RS Pro, Redline 13.5, and Hotwire should be here in another day or two and I'm looking for the starting point for the following setup:

Associated T4, 13.5, indoor off-road on a very tight (around 11 second laps) medium to high bite clay track. What would be good starting point for ESC settings, motor physical timing, and final drive ratio? I know in the end you have to do some testing and temp checking to dial it all the way in.

Thanks! BTW, I'm really excited to try this out. If things go well, by RB5 and ZX5 will be next in line to get the same upgrade - but with a lot more motor.

THANKS!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow 11 seconds! OK try this:

DB 0
BS 90
NW 10
TP 3
Sensored Only mode
Timing boost at 10
Motor timing at 20

You're going to have to start gearing around 87/18 or so since from the sounds of it the track is quite small. I'd rather you be way undergeared to start with. Compare speeds with others, check motor temps and slowly go up in gear. I prefer the motors not get over 150 to 160 after say 8 minutes of running at race speed.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thank you very much Randy!

I hope my e-mail for the 189 software didn't get caught in your spam filter. I have a distinct e-mail address (rc<putAtSignHere>the-fullers.net)...if you didn't get it could you let me know and I'll send it to you again from another e-mail address.