Wiki Posts
Search

SC10?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDB
II have looked at the Plus/Minus section and they say the only minus was that it has to be built.
Comments like that coming from an R/C magazine author scare me. Out of all the people that shouldn't mind having to build a kit...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDB
they say the only minus was that it has to be built.
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Comments like that coming from an R/C magazine author scare me. Out of all the people that shouldn't mind having to build a kit...
I've got to agree with you 100% there. RTR has its place, but not being RTR should never be listed as a minus.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't take much stock in the mag's reviews. I've never seen a bad one.

But I agree that should not be a minus.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

I still don't get why Slash Spec can't still continue to exist and thrive as a class, while new CORR trucks are released by other manufacturers. It seems simple to me, you run Spec Slash and you run an open CORR class, whoever wants to modify their Slash can run in the open class with the other manufacturers' CORR trucks.

The bottom line is, I think people need to start getting comfortable with the idea that there are going to be a lot more CORR trucks on the track that aren't made by Traxxas in the near future...and so an Open CORR class seems inevitable, to me. All you have to do is make sure people use approved CORR-style tires and you're golden...the performance of the tires is going to dictate the rest of what people do, with regard to motor and whatnot.

I just don't get why it's such a huge issue. Leave Slash Spec alone, make an Open CORR class with tire restrictions, and call it a day. Or am I missing something, here?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kdeselms
I still don't get why Slash Spec can't still continue to exist and thrive as a class, while new CORR trucks are released by other manufacturers. It seems simple to me, you run Spec Slash and you run an open CORR class, whoever wants to modify their Slash can run in the open class with the other manufacturers' CORR trucks.

I just don't get why it's such a huge issue. Leave Slash Spec alone, make an Open CORR class with tire restrictions, and call it a day. Or am I missing something, here?
Yep, that's the idea. Not too hard to understand...
Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is this is?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/34688
looks like a cool truck. saw it for sale a few days ago
Old 02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ace921000
is this is?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/34688
looks like a cool truck. saw it for sale a few days ago
Yep -- that's the one.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huskerdually
I don't take much stock in the mag's reviews. I've never seen a bad one.

But I agree that should not be a minus.
Yep, the reviews are pretty worthless, they will never say anything bad about someone that puts full page ad's in their mag.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kdeselms

The bottom line is, I think people need to start getting comfortable with the idea that there are going to be a lot more CORR trucks on the track that aren't made by Traxxas in the near future...and so an Open CORR class seems inevitable, to me. All you have to do is make sure people use approved CORR-style tires and you're golden...the performance of the tires is going to dictate the rest of what people do, with regard to motor and whatnot.

And that may happen, but what I know will happen is once the things are out there people will run them with a slash at first. They will be in limited supply...the new stuff always is... they will get stomped by the cartoon trucks so they will go into the slash. People will try different motors in them 17.5, 21.5...brushed? And race directors will try to make them equal so the people with the SC10 have a place to run...and it will evolve from there.

It is all good fun in the guessing on what is going to happen and we all could be wrong. But the guessing is fun anyway.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I am pretty sure at our track if there aren't enough SC10's to make a class, he'll just let us run with the slashes.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Not to change subjects

I run in a class that is unlimited with any CORR truck, including Slashes. I have a Slash and do fairly well; but now that I just picked up an SC10 I'm curious to know how this truck will perform over the Slash.

I say mix it up, keeps it interesting.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

From the looks, the SC10 is more tuneable than the slash, its similar to going from a rustler to a t4...